Thank you for this forum! Without it I couldn't sit through the meetings!

by stuckinarut2 22 Replies latest jw friends

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Everyone uses tablets and smartphones now. At the RC half the crowd had them for the JW Library program as welll as pdfs of the WT and Program. Myself and wife included. I like readinging the Kingdom Interlinier version when they use a NT verse since the program does this. It's wrong 99% of the time.

(I'm an athiest but hate what JWs do to the world's greastest lierary work)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep, everyone has tablets now, especially the "spiritual" ones!

We even had a bethel elder give the bible highlights using his small iPhone!!

Yes, seriously...he didnt even take a bible up on the stage....just his iPhone....looked like a tool to be honest reading out of a phone!

• Mincan
    Mincan

I mean are people like surfing the web and shit during hte meetings, not using them to follow along haha

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well mincan, I know I am...when no one can see me of course!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

So you mean that you can access sites other than jw.org from a KH? Some how I think they will figrue out how to fix that problem.

• Mincan
    Mincan

are you implying KHs block mobile carrier networks from getting into them? That doesn't make sense. And it makes even less sense that they would have "free Wi-Fi"

• twice shy
    twice shy

stuckin- so easy when sitting at the back of the hall or on the sound control box... Hahaha

There seems to be a lot of that going around. Before we left the brother in the back was so busy on his ipad he forgot to turn on the mics several times.

The technolgy phase is sweeping the halls. I still have watchtowers where they said no and how wordly the internet was.

Oh, and my favorite: how materialistic it would be to have to have the latest technology and the time that learning how to use it would take away from spiritual things. UGHHHH!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I use my own Internet connection ...not the khalls one...

I can surf all I like....

so far I haven't made any stuff ups on sound either as yet....

• Mincan
    Mincan

wait so KHs actually have wi-fi networks now? what for?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

For accessing jw.org, silly!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit