Thank you for this forum! Without it I couldn't sit through the meetings!

by stuckinarut2 22 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The only way I can sit through the meetings is due to having my tablet and connection to this forum!

Since awakening, I can't believe how much I cringe each and every meeting when I hear all the propaganda and garbage spewed out from the bible and the society!

I only cope by venting on here.

(plus it is so easy when sitting at the back of the hall or on the sound control box... Hahaha)

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee.

I lurked here for 7 years (from its inception), finally joined 7 years ago.

Best 14 years of my life!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I hear ya snowbird...lurked here for several years...now this forum is my lifeline!

Especially during tonight's meeting!!! Oh give me strength!!!!!!

• snowbird
  • AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

This place has helped keep me sane too.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The only way I can sit through the meetings is due to having my tablet and connection to this forum!

So this forum is a blessing AND A CURSE! Without it, you may have stopped sitting through meetings.
    I am happy and sorry for you.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

This site, is like a one way mirror for me...I can see out but they can't see in. It has helped me to not question myself & that Satan wasn't blinding me. I thought that I was being stubborn, & didn't see the truth. I was on another site & became friends with a witness (inactive). When I sent questions to them I said am I reading the bible all wrong...they said, no, the bible says exactly what it says it's the ORG. that is blinded. So I continued studying, because I did all my research on witnesses. They are the same folks in all the other religions, only thing different is the doctrine. The same sister that puts her bag or coat in the chair next to her to either hold the seat or she doesn't want anyone to sit next to her, same folks that gossip, lie, cheat, steal, look for prominence, know-it-alls....What I gather is that it's good some folks are in the hall & churches....just think how bad they really would be.

You can go to any place of worship & disagree, even at your job, you can find something to disagree. I happen to like my misfit friends at the hall, I fit, but I'm not as socially inept as they are, but they can learn from me & vise versa...

Again, I love this site, & at the hall, many don't agree but won't say anything, but I can tell by some of their comments in the field & in the hall, when some hear something that may not line up with the bible, they stiffen up...it's all in the body language.

So thanks to who or whom ever started this site...it's way better than going to a shrink.

Legacy

• bigmac
    bigmac

what a bloody nightmare---years of attending meetings knowing its all wrong. you only get one chance at life-----

• Mincan
    Mincan

are you saying you use your tablet during the meeting? is this common now, people using tablets and smartphones during the meetings? I left in early 2007 before pocket computers really took off. Be interesting to see how the rank and file changed after their introduction.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think people now days are fortunate to have the easy access of information thats on the Net.

Back in the early 80's when I left I had to go on my own sense of personal integrity and honesty.

The JWS religion is truly a sick destructive one to be sure, even without the all the false

trumped up commercialized doctrines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit