Question for believers in the Bible/God

by not bitter 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Legacy
    Legacy

@Apognophos,

I agree with all you say...it is our conscience...I once told someone that we humans most of the time know right from wrong, they told me a story of a Father walking down the street with his 7 yr. old, & the Father said, son, now I just showed you how to shoot a 45, later I'm going to show you how to shoot a glock...The child said to his Father, Dad, can I shoot somebody if they make me mad, Dad said sure, the son said, can I shoot Kevin, he makes me mad, Father says, you can shoot anyone but not Kevin he's your brother..so if this child grows up in this atmosphere, does he have a conscience or knows right from wrong....Our consciences may have evolved, but it all depends on how you raised. Some kids come from crazy parents...who have no conscience or remorse.

Crazy world....

Legacy

• cofty
    cofty

We are deserving of death, you know. - snowbird

This is the single reason why I am not just an atheist but an anti-theist.

It is a degrading, dehumanising, self-loathing dogma. I hate this worldview with a passion.

Anybody who teaches their children that they are deserving of death is guilty of abuse.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Allow me to clarify that statement.

We are deserving of endless death, you know.

However, God, in His boundless love, overruled His own decree.

Totally awesome!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Our consciences may have evolved, but it all depends on how you raised. Some kids come from crazy parents...who have no conscience or remorse.

Yes, that's very true. A poor upbringing can stunt the conscience. It seems that kids need love and nurturing to fully develop compassion.

• integ
    integ

The Bible? I can understand why you wouldn't want to live your life according to a book but it's obvious we...the universe...human emotions...love...hate...didn't just 'happen' by some random chance.

• cofty
    cofty

it's obvious we...the universe...human emotions...love...hate...didn't just 'happen' by some random chance.

That is a false dichotomy.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I really tried to believe, and in some ways I am jealous of believers. But in the end I just don't get it. I refuse to waste any more of my life expecting something beyond this life. I gave my first 35 years doing that and I just won't do it any more.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

the bible tells me about Christ and gives comfort on the dark days

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit