some changes need to be made

by venting 15 Replies latest jw friends

• venting
    venting

I know most of you are out. But Im still in and on the fence." remember who owns the fence?"

Shunning needs to be tempered. Shunn the serious wrong doers. Like pedophiles, rapists, murderers. ect... And let it be your dicission how much contact you have. Don't shunn your children or parrents.

except Evolution as the fact that it is. And stop embarising us with dumb publications on why its still just a theory.

Gives us a break on too many conventions. How about a one day once a year?

Man up and let people use blood if it will save their life. I know you will have to eat alot of crow, but are not peoples lives worth it?

I'm sorry, I realise this list will go on for ever. Im getting a headache.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The most dangerous people in the eyes of the society are not paedophiles or murderers but apostates, as we undermine their power.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Hi venting...You can cure your headache with the analgesic of quitting the JWs.

Best wishes

• alanv
    alanv

Really dont know why you are on the fence venting, as clearly you can see how wrong the religion is. I was shunned yesterday by an elders wife, even though I have just faded because I disagreed with some of their doctrines.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

If all those things about jw religion changed they would lose their hold on their followers. It would no longer be a cult and everyone would be free to make their own decisions. It doesn't matter who owns the proverbial fence cuz once you jump over it you're in your own yard and can go where you please. Stay on the fence you'll go nowhere except butt backward into a huge pile of horse poop on the Jw side. At best you'll fall off and be hurt. Better to jump down on your own.

• label licker
    label licker

Poor you. You must be sitting on a barbed wired fence if your still in the cult:) Get off or you'll be ripped to shreds my friend.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Venting,

Thanks for telling us you have a problem with some WT policies. Well done for taking a look at this site and having the courage to post.

What is your next move?

Kate xx

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

I agree with your sentiments, venting. But....

One change you could implement immediately, fence sitting or not, is using a spellchecker. Decission, shunn, parrents, alot, embarising??

Seriously? Misspelling on that scale takes some effort.

And let's not even get started on the apostrophe abuse.

• venting
    venting

Im sorry Tiktaalik. I had a small stroke. I will try to remember spell check. :)

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

except Evolution as the fact that it is. And stop embarising us with dumb publications on why its still just a theory.

Publications? You mean like the book of Genesis?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit