oh cr@p!! its my turn for "an elder called and wants to arrange a shepherding call" thread. Moral support please.

by MissFit 51 Replies latest jw friends

• MissFit
    MissFit

C.O. is coming and the elder wanted to set up a visit. It's not like I wasn't warned. There was a thread that talked about the push to call on inactive ones.

Thanks to the heads up here, I knew the motive for the call.

I don't think I even know that eld

He called me at work and left a message for me to call him back.

I recognized the family name a figured it was probably a "Brother" so I ignored it.

He calls me back around 6:00 p.m.

He said I must not have gotten his message to call him back (I couldn't believe he expected me to call him at work.

I was surprised he had my cell phone # and work #.

I put him off saying I wasn't sure of my work

Schedule. He asked me to call him and let him know.

I am not planning on calling him back. I dont think he really knows who i am.

I've been inactive over a year.

I am hoping if I don't call him back he'll forget about me. He said the co would be coming around June 10.

Options:

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

i would ignore. you have no obligation to talk with or meet with them.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Just tell him: 'I am not avaiable for a visit. Please respect my privacy'. That ought to do it. If he gets pushy and asks again, just tell him the same thing once more. Offer no other explanations at all.

• smiddy
    smiddy

MissFit

The only hold they have on you , is the hold , YOU give them......DO you understand that ? They are not the police , they are not the government....and even they , have no hold on you , unless you GIVE it to them .

You dont have to meet with them .. you dont have to answer their questions ...you dont have to give them the time of day .

You can ignore them completely ...DO NOT BE INTIMIDATED BY THEM , because thats what you are doing if you let them control you.

If you dont want them calling on you , at your home , tell them so , and if they persist , threaten them with legal action.

Are you a lion or a mouse , your response will prove who you are .

smiddy

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I put him off saying I wasn't sure of my work

You don't even need an excuse. The WBT$ and it's reps are not entitled to any explanation. Just say you can't make it and if pushed then say it really is my own business.

Just because a WBT$ bully boy is visiting the BOE gets all jumpy.

Schedule. He asked me to call him and let him know.

S'up to you.

I am not planning on calling him back. I dont think he really knows who i am.

There's your answer. Answered the whole thing yourself.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Missfit

oh cr@p!! its my turn for "an elder called and wants to arrange a shepherding call"

Let me put it another way , an Elder from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints calls on you , how much stock do you put in what he says.

Is he going to influence you ?

A representative of the Seventh Day Adventists calls on your door , are you going to be swayed by what he says to you ?

You might reason , yes , but they dont have the truth ?

Then ask yourself , do Jehovahs Witnesses have the truth ?

smiddy

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

When I was in your situation i told them I know where the kh is and have elders' numbers so will call them if I needs anything, they don't need to call me.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"Thank you so much for your kind offer, but I have so many things to deal with just now, I couldn't arrange anything." :)

• Splash
    Splash

All the time you don't call them back, this is unfinished business that will play on your mind.
    They may call you at any moment!

Practise what to say. Write it down if you have to. Something like:

"Hi, I only have a minute before I have to go out, but wanted to call you back like I said I would.
    I've thought about the visit you mentioned, and to be honest I don't think I want to have one.
    I've got a lot of things going on right now, and this is just one thing too much.
    I hope you understand."

Then whatever the answer is coming back just repeat
    "I'm afraid I've made my mind up. It's not going to happen."

If you need to end the call say
    "I'm sorry but I have to rush out, or I'll be late for an appointment."

Hang up the phone, job done!

I think that whoever makes the call will have the upper hand, so I would make that call myself.
    Just think how proud you will be of yourself for taking control back!

Splash.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Ignore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit