Two points of entry for the Dallas Convention?

by CaptainSchmideo 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Violia
    Violia

Thanks ADCMS, I clearly heard the attendent say only Jws could record or tape the program and then he backtracked and denied it.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I think this kind of security is appropriate for a large venue. I doubt very much that it has to do with apostaphobia; what would they be searching for, apostate literature? Foldable protest signs tucked away in coolers? This is about all the terrorist incidents and shootings that are happening lately. It's only a matter of time before an unstable, disgruntled ex-JW or ex-husband tries to pull something off, like the one in Australia that planted the bomb under the KH stage.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Apog: It's only a matter of time before an unstable, disgruntled ex-JW or ex-husband tries to pull something off

Apparently WT and JWs do not "trust in Jehovah's™ protection" as much as they claim to.

If he can't do anything to protect them now at something as benign as a convention, what do they think he will be able to do for them in the Great Tribulation® ??

Ah, the dizzying world of WT "faith".

• smiddy
    smiddy

DD & DCNS

You guys "crack" me up.

smiddy

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Brother Johnson asks .... " Is this really necessary ? "

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

This has nothing to do with apostate paranoia. It is my understanding that this came up as the result of the NFL (National Football League) prohibiting bags over a certain size in its any of its stadiums, which would have excluded just about every type of cooler. I was told the WTS went through extended negotiations with this only very recently. Why on the earth the Holy Spirit didn't foresee this issue is beyond me...

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I might be wrong, but I do believe the Dallas, Texas convention is actually in Arlington at the AT&T Stadium aka Cowboys Stadium aka Jerry's World. This is probably as a result of the stadium's security administrator. This is the same tool who tried to prevent police officers from entering the stadium with a weapon.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It is my understanding that this came up as the result of the NFL (National Football League) prohibiting bags over a certain size in its any of its stadiums

But surely that would only apply to NFL games?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

It has more to do with Homeland Security compliance for large stadiums.

WT had similar security issues with a university stadium in the Seattle area for this summer's convention.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

It has more to do with Homeland Security compliance for large stadiums.

WT had similar security issues with a university stadium in the Seattle area for this summer's convention.

Okay, I had heard both the NFL and Homeland Security were to blame, depending on who I was talking to. Either way, this one isn't actually the WTS' fault....except for failing to foresee this a problem much further in advance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit