Two points of entry for the Dallas Convention?

by CaptainSchmideo 38 Replies latest jw friends

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

There will be several points of entry in Arlington. ALL bags will be checked with each person required to carry a personal lunch bag. Delegates are instructed to bring only what is essential and to carpool as much as possible to the site due to parking. Baptism will not be able to have an audience, but will be able to be seen on the screens. Public invitations were not distributed for Arlington and entry will only be granted for those with a convention badge.

• BobFlanagan007
    BobFlanagan007

So is this to keep the JWs away from non-JWs or is it just another example of yet more Yankee post 9/11 paranoia (please USA, it was 13 years ago, get over it)?

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

80,000 are projected to attend. No room for non JWs.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

maybe there is some unprecented move by the GB at this years' convention, making escape from the compound limited

• Violia
    Violia

Bob, do you not recall the Boston Olympics ? I do not think most folks are getting over 9/11 anytime soon. Terrorists only have to be right one time , homeland security has to be right 100%. Maybe you did not see folks jumping from the Towers? Or see the pics from Boston?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Screening any apostates with cameras or audio recording machines, is what this is about.

This is the age of information and the WTS wants to control its information the way they want.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I, for one, look forward to the body cavity search. I do hope they are gentle.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Most conventions are open to the public with invitations given in the door knocking work. The information is outline driven so the argument that they are shielding against apostates is invalid.

• Violia
    Violia

Girl ,

I went to conventions during 80-90's and was stopped at door and cross examined due to me never having a badge. I was lucky I knew a few people or I may not have gotten in. Maybe it was b/c I was on the local apostate suspect list, who knows, but those guys walking around are capable of taking you out of the convention if need be.

• AndDontCallMeShirley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit