I dont think we should past judgement on people who post here for the first time

by smiddy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

Just saying , my 2 cents worth . if they have an agenda it will be revealed in a short time , let them play it out .

However , some genuine first posters can be put off by somebody jumping the gun and attacking them .

Please give the first posters time to get to know this site.

smiddy

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

I second that motion. We don't want to play into the bitter twisted apostate pigeonhole. Some could genuinely be reaching out for help.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I agree with you.

I'm sure that some that come on here with their JW guns blazing are actually here because they're testing their faith or at least questioning it.

All is never what it seems.

Cold flat writing can be totally misunderstood with no body language or vocal inflections.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Smiddy,

I totally get what you're saying. But your point is falling on deaf ears. Many who post here come here for support and want to support others. But there are the odd few that are in fact bitter. There are only a few though and most new posters expect this. I remember when I first came here I was scared to post as I had read some blunt posts and did not want to be attacked.

I couldn't avoid it though, there will always be agressive posters. But what I did get was PMs warning me of agressive posters and encouragement from concerned posters.

What we need to also consider is the age of first time posters, we have recently had two newbie teenagers. 15yrs and 14 yrs. I was atonished at some of the material posted to these children, as I have children of my own.

I want to contribute to make this site a safe haven, but I know of one poster atm in particular who won't pay attention to your thread. Good for you for trying though Smiddy, I totally agree with what you're saying. Also I'd like to thank you for all your support since I have come to JWN.

Kate xx

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

One of the things I treasure about this site is it's honesty. Any information or opnions that are based on a false premise or unproven accusations no matter how beneficial to the 'postate cause are questioned, examined and dissected. If they are are not based on truth they don't advance the body of knowledge. That is why the site overall has the ring of truth.

Any new poster that comes on for an emotional rant, a vent of feelings, a dying howl as their long held beliefs start to crumble should be treated with respect. If we don't agree with what they say, they have the right to say it (within the bounds of decency and respect). I say give every one the benefit of the doubt, they are in the right place. Any sincere honest person seeking the way forward will be won over, extracted, in thought if not physically from the quicksand that they are in.

I say, give 'em a chance.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

im always nice till proven a troll

• galaxie
    galaxie

"All we are saying,....Is give peace a chance " amen to that

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Some people act really stupid....do they wish to scare people back to the Kingdom Halls? I don't see tjhe reason being confrontative to a JW. It only activate the cognitive disonance and it confirms all prejudice of apostates.

For some reason they post here....maybe they have some doubts....so, why scaring them away being confrontative? Just answer their questions......remember, we know much more of the org than they do..........we don't need to fear being preached back into the org. So, just relax.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Yes I agree. I've seen a few who have posted for the first time, say something that others don't understand and before the first page is finished are being called out as a 'Troll' with others jumping on the bandwagon. It comes across to me as mob attack.

We should give new posters the benefit of the doubt until it becomes very obvious that someone either definitely is a troll or they are genuine.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I am minding my p's and q's.

I thought this morning from now on, I won't care if "in" posters, new or old, want to count time here. It is none of my business.

The hope is that they might learn from whom they are enslaved by.

My "rough/ruff answer, before, was as if a Slave Master came, to talk down to us, to trap us and take us back. I find no joy in that.

Some of the WT/GB controlled drones, think they are helping us. I once thought that way.

I want to have only joy, love and peace in my heart for everyone.

LoisLane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit