Am I a judgmental bastard or just one of the last sane persons on this planet?

by skeeter1 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

It's a "phase" she will grow out of it.

Most people know jack $hit at that age. They experiment with different looks and personas most get over it eventually.

So the fact that you react to it probably means your becoming a grumpy old man rather than "judgemental bastard" which has no age restrictions.

" These young whipper-snappers thumbing their nose at society, put on some decent clothes young lady" ( said in Mr Magoo voice) lol.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

Here, maybe this will make you feel better:

Senior Citizens Reveal What Tattoos Look Like on Aging Skin

http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/tattooed-seniors-photographs

(Maybe times aren't changing all that much... lol.)

• talesin
    talesin

I think tats are beautiful, and piercings, quite a personal thing. As long as a person is 'legal', and they are medically very careful with their piercings, go to a place that is licensed, etc., go for it! I've only known one or two people who regretted their scarification. Most folks love their 'one' or 'two', or else they keep adding as they age. :)) And yes, here's to rebelliousness - these are now acceptable (dependng on the severity (?)) to a large extent, in most work environments. (most, not all, of course).

Edit: To answer the OP, no, and no. You have a strong personal opionion, and wishing the future best for this girl, and all young people. And I dunno, define 'sane'..

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Oh, and if it is pain - on a young person, scarification can be their way of communicating - then glad s/he is not sticking a needle up their arm instead.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I got a small heart tattoo on my ...............ankle (yes, just the ankle, that was the limit to my bad-ass phase).

I regretted it when I became a witness. Now it reminds me of a time when life was more carefree and irresponsible (fun in other words).

It reminds me I have lived.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

She should get Dermablend stock as presents. Try landing a job outside of a few fields with serious tatoos. I had most sixties trends but they were easily reversed. I would ask where her parents were rather than focusing on the girl.

• rebel8
    rebel8

She has done some things to her outward appearance that seem like rebellion.

Teens' frontal cortex is not fully developed; they aren't known for good judgement.

Rebellion is a developmental behavior in adolescence.

We probably don't know much else about this girl, other than what she did to her outward appearance.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Those tatts on the old people look amazing. I always thought it would look tragic but instead it is a great reminder to young people that they too are tough, independant and cool.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

It's insecurity, basically. Look at David Beckham for instance.

Just a way to express themselves.

I'm a rebel too but in a much more subtle guise.

• Mikado
    Mikado

there is no way that tattoos will stop the next generation from job opportunities , those days are long gone, I would estimate that 80 percent of the twenty to thirties I know have them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit