"Honour" Killing in Pakistan

by cofty 54 Replies latest social current

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

“He comes from a culture where he thinks this is appropriate conduct, where he can hit his wife,” Clark said in her opening statements at the Brooklyn Supreme Court bench trial. “He culturally believed he had the right to hit his wife and discipline his wife.”

Well, now he lives in a culture that believes he should be prosecuted for his violent actions. Welcome to America. Perhaps not the greatest place on Earth, but obviously better than the backwards culture from which he came.

• glenster
    glenster

"How can christians see this and be disgusted? Their favourite book is full of
    the same laws. Sharia law isn't so different from mosaic law."

There are four main viewpoints in the modern debate. They are known respectively
    as Christian feminism, Christian Egalitarianism, Complementarianism, and Biblical
    patriarchy.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Christianity#Modern_views

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I find it interesting in Manhattan. It does not happen routinely but sometimes I walk past a woman being beat by hubbie/bf. Now cell phones would make a big difference. I used to walk far away from the couple and scream at the man that I was calling the police. Men would pass by, too. They were angry. The beating male was screamed at "not here." Yes, not in Central Park, go to 3rd Avenue and 17th St. I discussed it with male colleagues. They all said they intervened and the woman turned on them.

Pakistan is so primitive in a negative sense. They are our ally. Of course, they had no knowledge that Osama Bin Laden was in residence. We should cut funds.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

A Christian Sudanese pregnant woman has been jailed with her two innocent children, one todler and the other just born. The Sharia Law judge said the baby will be weaned off the mother first before she is lashed and hanged for not renouncing her Christian faith. Islam is a disease not a religion. It's not the religion of peace but a sick excuse to dominate and kill those who don't follow it's Sharia Law. US Muslims don't speak out against this barbaraism because they are bound by Sharia also.

Shana

• Heaven
    Heaven

“… the socialization of boys regarding masculinity is often at the expense of women. I came to realize that we don’t raise boys to be men, we raise them not to be women (or gay men). We teach boys that girls and women are “less than” and that leads to violence by some and silence by many. It’s important for men to stand up to not only stop men’s violence against women but, to teach young men a broader definition of masculinity that includes being empathetic, loving and non-violent.”

Don McPherson, former NFL quarterback, feminist and educator

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit