by cofty 54 Replies latest social current

• glenster
    glenster

Wikipedia > Pakistan Penal Code > Full text of the Pakistan Penal
    Code – up-to-date with all amendments – Pakistani.org
    http://www.pakistani.org/pakistan/legislation/1860/actXLVof1860.html

Edit > Find > 311

Part of a related article:

"This discretionary power to punish after waiver of Qisas in case of Qatl-i-Amd
    liable to Qisas, or to refuse a settlement in a case of Qatl-i-Amd liable to
    Tazir, has been granted to trial and appellate judges under the Qisas & Diyat
    laws. Unfortunately, Pakistan’s judges have in the past misunderstood the Islamic
    jurisprudential principles at the foundations of these laws and have failed to
    exercise their discretionary powers. Most judges refuse to sentence the accused in
    Qisas cases after a pardon by any of the heirs or fail to adequately police the
    compromise settlement in Tazir cases. As a result the critics rightly argue that
    the Qisas & Diyat laws result in acquittals for the accused in a majority of
    cases. The responsibility for this regrettable state of affairs lies squarely with
    our judiciary rather than with Islamic law.
    http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-13-4181-Raymond-Davis-vs-Qisas-&-Diyat-Laws

• innerpeace
    innerpeace

This story has been so disturbing. I just stared at the picture of her lying there with her shoe next to her wanting to burst in tears. No words to describe the sadness of this. The story of the woman in Sudan is an outrage too. Her own brother turning her in.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

This story just keeps getting more bizarre!

Here is the lastest:

I killed my first wife, stoned Pakistani woman's husband says

Islamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- The husband of Farzana Parveen, the Pakistani woman stoned to death for refusing to participate in an arranged marriage, told CNN he killed his first wife so he could marry Parveen.

Authorities said the first wife was killed six years ago.

"I wanted to send a proposal to Farzana, so I killed my wife," Mohammad Iqbal said Thursday in an interview with CNN.

According to a report published in April by the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, 869 women in that country were victims of honor killings last year.

Honor-based violence has been reported in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, Ecuador, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Iraq, Iran, Italy, Jordan, Morocco, Pakistan, Sweden, Turkey, Uganda, the United Kingdom and the United States, the U.N. said in a report titled "Global Violence Against Women in the Name of 'Honour.'"

• cofty
    cofty

Women are not possessions of men.

Until every man understands this simple fact, violence against women will continue.

Religion is the biggest obstacle in communicating this basic moral truth. Islam is the worse offender.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Kate - whats DV ?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Kate - whats DV ?- village girl

Domestic Violence

• glenster
  • cofty
    cofty

A Pakistani immigrant beat his wife to death in their Brooklyn home after she made the mistake of cooking him lentils for dinner.... In Pakistan, Clark (defense attorney) said, beating one’s wife is customary.

“He comes from a culture where he thinks this is appropriate conduct, where he can hit his wife,” Clark said in her opening statements at the Brooklyn Supreme Court bench trial. “He culturally believed he had the right to hit his wife and discipline his wife.”

New York Post ...

• Heaven
    Heaven

cofty said: Women are not possessions of men.

Until every man understands this simple fact, violence against women will continue.

Religion is the biggest obstacle in communicating this basic moral truth. Islam is the worse offender.

Homosexuals are also targets of violence especially in Islam. There is no love in beating on someone.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

How can christians see this and be disgusted? Their favourite book is full of the same laws. Sharia law isn't so different from mosaic law.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit