X-FILES Final Episode

by Yerusalyim 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Tallyman
    Tallyman

Yeru:

IF they are Christians that in itself wouldn't bum me out (but have them get married before they go knocking boots again) IF they are Christians they didn't stand up for it very well and seemed wishywashy about the issue.
    Okay, but the "knocking boots" business... that's still a mystery,
    isn't it? I saw a lot of smoochy-face going on, but as for the rest...
    is Mulder the real father of the baby? ...or was there some alien
    insemination business going on?

And another poster reminded that Scully is Catholic,
    and that maybe Mulder has gotten to the point of acknowledging a
    'Higher Power'. That could be interpreted into the scripts.
    They both acknowledged the existence of Evil in the world,
    and that's a first step towards a fuller realization of what's going
    on all around us in the visible and invisible realities/spectrums.

And the buzz word 'alien'... that could be a term to describe just
    about any type of entity and not necessarily extraterrestrial,
    and most likely a term to be applied to ancient, earth-bound
    discarnate entities.

I still favor John Keel's ("Operation: Trojan Horse") term:
    Ultraterrestrials.
    Whatever THEY are... they have been around on, in and around the earth
    for a very, very long time.

Sure the theme of ETERNAL hope, hope springs eternal, or whatever is fine. Would have been more fun to see them have a bit more closure.
    I agree. 'specially after a 9 Freekin' Year Wait!
    But with Movies to be made, and sequels, and prequels...etc.,
    closure may have been an unrealistic expectation.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-

Hey Yeru,
    has anyone ever told you, you are the Spitting Image of Michael Chiklis?
    (seen his new cop show, "The Shield" on FX?)

Whoa! talk about a complex character!

LOve, Tallyman

• Tallyman
    Tallyman
    Tallyman:
    quote:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------Something DID bum you out.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Yeru already told us what got him bummed out.

quote:
    The worst part was not getting to see ANY Gillian flesh, ONE bikini shot would have made my day.

Love, Scully

Scully,
    ohhh yeah, I missed that part on Yeru's opining...
    well, if "The Truth's Out There"... then, I surmise it would be
    hard, if not very difficult to get hold of a TRUE 'Adobe PhotoShop-Free', 'No-Pasting-Gillian's-Head-On-Playmate-Bod', ACTUAL PICTURE
    of the Real Redhead "in toto".

LOve, Tallyman

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN
    Scully is Catholic. I don't recall Mulder ever having mentioned his affiliation. Scully had her god, Mulder had his UFOs.

Scully is Catholic, moreso nominally now than when she teamed with Mulder. She lapsed considerably after her abduction and drifted in and out of faith as she dealt with her various crises, e.g., cancer, death of her first child, Emily.

My impression isn't that Mulder is suddenly Catholic. Rather, that he conceded that there could be a higher power. Possibly.

The point has been made on innummerable occasions that Mulder does not believe in God, although there has been suggestion that his family may have been secular Jews. Some of his and Scully's most vigorous disagreements have owed to her religious faith and his absolute refusal to believe in God while wholeheartedly embracing the existence of aliens and all manner of paranormal phenomena. His words in the final act of "The Truth," though, do suggest he's come to believe that there might be some higher force "out there" and life after death, to which Scully replied "Then we believe the same thing."

During its run, TX-F has had a barely-concealed religious slant, many of its episodes each season even tackling the subject head on.

zev,

That's not even a credible fake of GA!

AMNESIAN

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Having given up the hope of ever seeing a TRUE GA bikini photo, GET OFF THEIR CASE about the ones they've posted.

Tallyman, I think we see eye to eye on this whole situation.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Mozzer4Life
    Mozzer4Life

Dissapointed, yes, but only in the fact that the show has ended. It seems all "finales" are mildly dissapointing, remember Seinfeld....yikes. The finale cannot be just like another episode. It has to come to and end, it is a wsy of saying goodbye. And goodbyes are never easy.

Should the show have ended with Mulder and Scully saving the world and eliminating all of the aliens. No. Should it have ended with them dying and the aliens taking over. No. They ended it leaving questions open....which is as real of an ending as we should expect. There is a shadow government, there are aliens and somewhere out there Mulder and Scully are getting it on....I'm happy with that.

"I think about life
    And I think about death
    And neither one particularly appeals to me" - Morrissey

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

morrissey is so irrelevant

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

I was a little let-down myself.
    The only saving point for the series imo was that Mulder and Scully finally hooked up.
    (who didn't see THAT coming?!)
    To me, the definitive episode of the whole series was "Memoirs of a Cigarette-Smoking Man". Chris Carter should have saved that one for the end and combined it with Mulder's trial.
    Oh well, at least they came out and admitted Mulder had been drilling Scully. Yes Mulan, there's a little Mulder Jr. out there!

Now I gotta find something else to watch on Sundays after The Simpsons.

The Mike Is Out There....

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Greetings all,

The X-FILES final episode did answer some questions. Remember a few episodes back when the Lone Gunmen were infected with plague. Then the last scene had their coffins being buried in Arlington. You wondered if they had really been killed off or would they appear in the final episode unharmed. Since they did appear in the last episode, but as ghosts, seems to indicate that they perished.

It doesn't look like Cigarette man will be back. His smoking a cigarette through the hole in his throat remined me of Andy Garcia's performance in DEAD AGAIN.

Though Mulder and Sculley were great, I thought Dogget and Reyes were starting to make a good team too, and had looked forward to another season with the new duo at the helm. But sagging ratings made that unlikely.

There is an X-FILES movie in the works, so perhaps some of the unresolved questions of the final episode will be answered in the upcoming film.

Sincerely,

Athanasius

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Huh... I wouldn't have guessed that so many X-philes were "out here." That's kinda cool; great minds DO think alike.

I too was disappointed with the finale: in fact, I think it sucked big green ones! Perhaps I'm not fan enough - although there were episodes I enjoyed, there were also some that left me with that lingering feeling of ennui one gets after ingesting an alien virus. So many times I felt that Chris Carter really wasn't quite up to carrying off his idea too well. Same with "Millennium," same with "Strange (Short Run Show)," or whatever it was called. It's as if Carter gets a GREAT idea, gets all excited, begins gesticulating wildly and hyperventilating, falls off his of chair and goes into a coma.

Like a surprisingly "great crowd" of you, I've heard about the Mayan Eschaton, mostly from reading Terrence McKenna - who died of brain cancer before his "end of novel time" theory up and did nothing.

Maybe the appeal of this show for many of us was based on the simple slogan that we fervently wish could be real, that "THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE."

...And the Society's disapproval of the show, I suspect, was based on their own conviction that it isn't.

Valis - cool subgenius graphic - sorta creepy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit