X-FILES Final Episode

by Yerusalyim 38 Replies latest jw friends

• detective
    detective

I'm definitely a little disappointed. Mulder looked like a raving lunatic... the truth this, the truth that...

Ooops, this might not be the place to go on about that.

Anyways, I'm a big X-files fan but this last episode didn't quite work too well, in my opinion. But I was glad to see Nicholas Lea back (krychek) and resurrecting their "deep throat" was kind of fun. Some of the best shows weren't about the conspiracy so it gets a little cumbersome at times although I dug the X-files movie.

The show wasn't the same without David Duchovny, though Dogget grew on me a bit.

I thought the ending was a bit hokey...and a bit hopeless despite what Mulder said.

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

I was glued to my seat, even though the story dragged in some places. And yes, alot of it reminded me of "the truth" or lack therof. It was cool to see the cigarette smoking man literally blown away. Mulder is great, but I'm in love with Doggett...kinda like Frank Black with extra testosterone.

Free

• animal
    animal

I lost interest in the x-files when they got into the monsters and stuff.... the first two seasons were cool, great show.. now I can take it or leave it. I am watching this one tho....

Animal

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

The worst part was not getting to see ANY Gillian flesh, ONE bikini shot would have made my day.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Scully
  • plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Who else is disappointed?

GADS! yes I am a BIT disapointed. I stopped paying attention to it and worked on my web site until the profiler came on.

It gave me the impression that they wanted to leave it wide open to start a new x-files "In the Begining" like they did with Star Wars.

Skully and Mulder will be kids and we'll be following thier parents around.

Life sucks...get a helmet
    [email protected]
  • MikeMusto
  • sf
    sf

The scene of the cave and tower being completely obliterated by such beautiful fire took my breath away. Awesome.

• zev
    zev

I awaited this conclusion to the series with much anticipation.

I have been an avid fan of the x-file's since the beginning. It captured me from the very first show.

I watched it faithfully (more or less) over the years. (Allot more faithfully than I attended "borg meetings :-D )

I was disappointed in the series finale

I don't think 2 hours was enough to play out the end of 9 years of series with all the twists and turns the x-files made over the years.

I think the actual movie did allot more to satisfy the x-files fan, than did something as important as a series ending finale.

At the end of the show, I still had allot of unanswered questions, in true Hollywood form, they kept ya hangin'.

Over the years as I watched the show and even again last night as I was watching it certain thoughts come to mind.

The "court" room scene, just before everyone is seated, is empty. I said to Gwen, "look, a backroom judicial committee tribunal." or something to that effect.

I have also thought allot about the x-files, and the "witchpower". Too many similarities. The search for "truth". The "truth" is out there.
    Conspiracies, cover-ups. Secret hidden agenda's. All to close a reflection to what really happens in "the Christian congregation of Jehovah" today.

At first when I started watching the x-files, I really thought...."what if..."

Over the years and especially over the last year and a half, plus....
    To me "what if....." is really "reality". Especially when I compare them together. (the witchpower and the x-files, that is)

Hard to imagine that we are " the only one's " out here.

I've always had a facination with Space, and Science Fiction.

I've also seen some things that to this day make me wonder.

I personally don't believe we are alone. Thats just an opinion, and nothing more.

The universe is vast, more than the mind can comprehend.

And you may think now after reading this, "zev's a little out there".

And maybe I am

If you have followed the x-files over the years, I think you understand where I am coming from. It’s not even something I can really express or put into the right words, especially when I think about the comparing of the witchpower and the x-files.

But it just leaves me thinking…..

“What if…..???”

Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America
    U.A.D.N.A.--Rhode Island

• Mulan
    Mulan

I thought it was great. I didn't watch for the past two years, but wanted to see how they wrapped it up. I remarked to my husband that the trial was like a judicial committee. They wanted to convict, so they did. I thought they settled all the issues pretty great, though.

Question: Was Scully's baby Mulder's or an alien's? They didn't make it clear enough for me.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit