I'm a target now

by Stirred 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Stirred
    Stirred

Well, it has come to another fork in the road. I have been going to other meetings and skipping more. Car groups and two bros tried stopping by my house recently but i was not home or gates were locked. (They didn't call me)

My husband and I have decided to move far away for a while. My intention is to fade...at least it was this weekend when i announced it to the elders. Now i wonder if i am breaking my integrity by not disassociating since I cannot fully support and agree with all their teachings.

i need full information.

What would happen if i dissasociate? Couldn't I still attend meetings if I wanted to, wherever i wanted to? I don't have to acknowledge their hangup about DA.

Like the old song goes, "Breaking up is hard to do......"

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

When you formally Disassociate yourself they make an announcement to the Congergation that you are no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses . Same as if you were Disfellowshipped . The congregation will shun you ,but you still can attend if you want ...it is a public meeting .

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

If you officially disassociate, you are acknowledging their system has merit and you are still playing by their rules. Just walk away. You owe them nothing.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Fading means you just stop going . As long as they don't get you into a Judicial commitee meeting you could just go off the radar . It really depends on the local Elders ,some will let you alone ,others insist on tying up loose ends .

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

yes, just make yourself scarce, and seen very rarely, they will just stop coming by less and less

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

If you are literally moving, do not give them your new address.

If you have trustworthy friends or relatives in another city, have your records sent to the hall in that city, or just make up an address and city.

(Never really understood the meaning of Witness Protection Program before)

• MissFit
    MissFit

lol Berrygerry: ( Never really understood the meaning of Witness Protection Program before)

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Do not give them any information at all.

They really never gave you any.

Just "slip out the back, Jack" "make a new plan"

Drop off the key ( in the middle of night )

" Set yourself free." No discussions, no explanations.

No forwarding address, the less they know the better.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Draw no lines in the sand....keep it vague. Doing so will give your JW friends and family some "wiggle room" in terms of how they treat you from now on and will give you some options in the future, should you need them.

• twice shy
    twice shy

stirred- My intention is to fade...at least it was this weekend when i announced it to the elders.

Why would you announce your fade to the Elders

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit