I'm a target now

by Stirred 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Stirred
    Stirred

Sorry for confusion. Actually I announced I am/we are moving out of state. We ARE literally moving (though not permanent) out of state.

I will tell study tomorrow.

I was just pondering details of next step And if I'm being true to my sense of integrity....if i cannot support, then thinking that DA is better than fade but if i intend to fade i must go to a hall in move state where not known too well.

Some seem to suggest that I do not give my new address.

I think I am going to be hounded for a while by elders. Time will tell.

I will be careful. I don't want stigma For my kids.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

IMO the push to purge is like a manhunt, with the gratification of a kill after the JC.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

It will not matter as long as you do not have family in the org. DA family can not associate with you. DA do not want to attend meetings but if one wants it the same as Dfing you.

Good thing for gates! Now the time to have your voice mail on.

Elders not going to do anything. Hopefully he will ignore you. Best not to say it again.

Why are you attending meetings?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

You dont need to fade or Da just stop going, if they come around and ask tell them your sick or depressed or something the still not go, in time they will give up and leave you alone. Just do not tell them anything, no coments about doctrine nothing. Say one thing and they be all over you for a JC.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Use the 'JQG' Method (TM): Just Quit Going. Don't start attending in the new location. Just drop the entire matter. If anyone calls or otherwise contacts you, just say: 'i have nothing to say about the matter. It's between me and Jehovah.'. Keep repeating this every time someone asks you anything. Say nothing else. That should end it. Your 'Integrity' is simply that you saw the light and left. Nothing else needs to be said or done. Good luck!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Can I ask something?? Why would you continue going to the meetings if you know it's all a con?? As you are moving, your absence wouldn't count.

Just curious.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I'm in a VERY similar position; we're about to move far away, but we have family who are still in. So we plan to make our own rules from then on -

1) Make initial contact with cong.

2) Have the Secretary receive our record cards from previous cong.

3) Don't give out new home 'phone number - give them number of a cell 'phone I virtually never use.

4) Don't attend ANY meetings for weeks/months on end - and even then, leave half-way through it.

5) Any of the wolf-pack visits to find out "how they can help us", I'll tell them we have problems we can't discuss with ANYONE - except with God in prayer! (in other words, "Mind your own business!)

6) Anytime we receive visits from family (very rarely!) we can all walk into the KH and keep up the facade.

It may be THEIR game, but it's MY rules - no donations, no recruiting for them, and virtually no attendance at their propaganda-fests!

That really ticks off Elders, because they've got loose ends when the Area Manager calls every 6 months!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Are you baptized?

It doesnt sound like it, if you are not baptized then they have no sanctions they can use against you so why are you making any effort at all to quit, just quit.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

"I was just pondering details of next step And if I'm being true to my sense of integrity....if i cannot support, then thinking that DA is better than fade but if i intend to fade i must go to a hall in move state where not known too well."

The organization prevents anyone from leaving honestly, it has to be an emotionally violent event for them, UNLESS you just stop going and don't tell them why.

Don't play by their rules, don't be honest with them, they certainly are not with you.

You don't need to lie, just say you are tired, discouraged, have pressing matters, etc.

NEVER question doctrine, you won't change them, in fact it only perpetuates their persecution complex.

• KateWild
    KateWild

You have been given good advice here. Our situation was different from yours. I was Df'd unjustly and planned my exit so I could record my JC for my loved ones and help others going through a JC. But your situation is very different, you know TTATT and you both want to leave.

I can understand that due to the fact it is a cult, there is something that pulls us in. Once we recognise this we can release the bonds and break free.

Let us know how you get on. Take care

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit