In our local news... Jehovah's Witnesses LIED to Man with Brain injury

by Newly Enlightened 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Magnum
    Magnum

I agree with Apognophos & AlphaMan. I think one should not be hasty to judgement and should get all the facts and know the whole story. Site planning can be very complicated. Sometimes there are very few options. I've seen some lots that were deemed unbuilldable because no working site plan could be found.

Apognophos: expecting someone to build in a way that defers to a neighbor, without any compensation or contract made between them, is setting a dangerous precedent

I agree with that. That could extremely complicate "neighbor law" and make people afraid to buy property. Building codes, zoning laws, etc. are complicated enough as it is. If neighbors' preferences had to be factored in, it could be a nightmare.

I agree that if there was some kind of gentleman's agreement made by those who are in a position to make such an agreement, it should have been honored, but we don't know the whole story. We don't know what was said and we don't know who said it.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

yeah I noticed too more and more bad public relations between the JW and the community

• XstuckX
    XstuckX

anddon'tcallmeshirley: HE was there first, not the KH.

did we read the same article? Because the one I read said the KH bought their property first. I'd never in a million years expect my neighbor not to develop his property anyway he saw fit simply because I liked to sit and look out my dining room window.

and as for me being a JW......technically yes. Haven't been to a meeting in almost a year. Not that it has anything to do with this. I'm just taking an unbiased look at the situation and not looking for any weak excuse to jump all over the organization.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

x: Because the one I read said the KH bought their property first

Who built first?

• Stealth
    Stealth

That guy should have some new roofing vents installed, like this guy did.....

http://www.themiddlefinger.com/tag/house/

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

You can't punish someone legally for being a jerk...

...but you can let everyone know that he was a jerk.

In fact, sometimes that's even more effective.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

The JW religion is very self-centered and really has no feelings towards anyone not their own. How many charities does the JW religion run? None.

This was all about theocratic warfare and lying to gain enough time to get the foundation poured. Legally no doubt the JW's are in the right, but morally....they could care less what "dead people walking" think. From the looks of the size of that lot I'm sure a compromise could have been reached. However, the JW's are only about their rights. That should be a fun territory to work now. LOL

The guy should build a hideous watchtower in his backyard to view the mountains from.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Maybe it's time that the neighbor erect a signboard right next to the Kingdom Hall: "Visit JWFACTS.COM"

They could give their own witness.

Doc

• Iamallcool
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

APOG and Alpha, yes it is legal to be a-holes and sh** on someone else's dreams.

Dear WTBTS,

Why not let youself be wronged?

Love,

GOD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit