After leaving did the feeling go away?

by committeechairman 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• happy@last
    happy@last

Who is it telling you that you are not good enough? Not good enough for what? Who is telling you that you are evil? What evidence is there that they are accurate?

Judge yourself by your own standards, not by others, if you have the wrong standards, raise them, better yourself, hold your head high

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

If you believe in Christ's sacrifice, (John 3:16) ask yourself, "Am I so bad that even Christ's ransom can't help me?".

I think you'll honestly answer that for yourself!

• Imminent1975
    Imminent1975

Unfortunately, part of my healing process was, my self-respect became worse. I bottomed out and now I feel pretty good about myself. In fact, I endured the brain zaps from getting off anti-depression medicine and haven't taken them for almost a year. I am sure that you will get better. I found that when I started to beat myself up that I had to start exercising thought stopping processes and change my thought direction.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Yes it has all but disappeared for me and quite quickly I might add.

For me however it was not that I fewlt I had finally appeased Jesus or anything. It was the fact that I came to the realization I had no one to please except myself and family. You will be fine regardless of what your current feelings may be

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yes it does. Your brain has been programmed to respond a certain way, automatically, before your logic kicks in. It's not just beliefs you have to change, but your actual process for thinking.

Give yourself time.

• Vidiot
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was greatly encouraged by a book by Dr W Dyer " Your Erroneous Zones" about erroneous thinking . It had chapters like :

"You Don't Need Their Approval

Breaking Free from The Past

The Useless Emotions - Guilt and Worry"

His basic message was that WE choose how we feel by what we choose to think. There is a world of manipulators out there who will get us to think as they do - if we let them....Good luck Bro !

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Considering I was the kind to go back for family,I had a horrific elders meeting that lasted over fifteen years. It became a you have to reinstate me! Not!

Anyhow, I was bitter and when I did my research and joined this forum I realized that it was a waste of time! I did get reinstated but not by those elders. They are all dead now so it is in Jesus hands.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I was not raised in the jw org, so the feeling did go away. I imagine that could be more of a challenge if you were raised in from conception or a very young age.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Regret is much healthier than guilt. Regret helps you come to terms with the reality of something. Guilt condemns you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit