After leaving did the feeling go away?

by committeechairman 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

The feeling that you're never good enough. The feeling that you're wicked and evil.

Because I'd give anything not to feel this way.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Yes, it went away for me quite quickly. I had a bad experience with my JC and when posters on here told me that they were wrong, I realised that I was right about the injustices that I had experienced. The feelings just went away.

Are you thinking of leaving? When and how? Do you have an exit plan?

Kate xx

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

KateWild - "...when posters on here told me that they were wrong, I realised that I was right about the injustices that I had experienced."

Better to stand alone and be right, than stand with others in the wrong.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

It's taken me a few years CC.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

That's the feeling that I had when I was a true believer. Everyone is different I guess. I didnt abandon my belief in God. I think it's important to find something to believe in, whether it's faith or helping people.

im technically still in but what has also helped is that I realized that they are the ones wrong, not me. If you still believe in God, read the bible more especially romans, Galatians, Ephesians, Hebrews And James. These bible books blow merciless, self righteous JW doctrine out the water and can help you battle your negative feelings.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I was "in" for over thirty years. During that time, you are programmed to think of yourself as never good enough. Whatever you did, someone in an underpriveleged country did after walking on one leg thirty miles and crossing a crocodile infested river to boot. Add to that, I was a lowly sister. My husband was an elder for over twenty years, and well thought of, giving talks everywhere, including District Assemblies. I was a very good bathroom cleaner, driver in service, volunteer for talks, hostess for visiting speaker, house cleaner for book study group, etc.

Here's what I did to feel better. I went to a local community college, then a close University. I enjoyed every minute of study, worked like a dog, and graduated Magna Cum Laude with a degree in History, something that has long interested me. I then went through Alternative Certification to be a teacher, because I worked as a teacher's aide in an elementary school and realized that now, although I felt better about myself, I didn't have many options with a history degree being sixty years old. After again working hard to get this certification, I got a job as a fifth grade teacher-language arts, reading, social studies. I worked harder this year than I ever thought I could.

But guess what? With all that effort comes a real sense of achievement, and satisfaction.

What do you want to pursue? I say GO FOR IT! If I could do it at my age most surely you can do it whatever your age and circumstances. You must make a goal and then work like hell to achieve it. But this goal and this work will be up to you...not an appointment by Holy Spirit or a group of men that decide on your qualifications.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I just reminded myself about Jonestown.....what happens when you put your loved ones and your self in danger. The WTBTS is reckless with the health, happiness and education of it's believers.

They have never earned the respect of anyone who is not a true believer.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Yes it went away for me quickly. It should be gone for you already just because you know the whole truth now. The meetings are keeping that programming and brainwashing going would be my guess. I have no guilt and no unworthiness feelings. I'm still the same good moral person I was but without the baggage.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

I apologize if this sounds morbid, but it's the first thought that comes to mind. Go to your local graveyard, preferably where some family members are buried.

Read some headstones. Then ask yourself, was (s)he good enough?....was (s)he wicked and evil? Now look around and count up some headstones. In the end, it doesn't matter and no one remembers. We think far too much of ourselves and our short time here. That's one thing that Solomon got right.

• flowerfreaks2
    flowerfreaks2

Depending upon how you process things and let go of things. Took me a while.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit