2014 summer conventions to have live video and audio feeds

by dropoffyourkeylee 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Oh goody, GBTV.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I see it too as a control tactic with this 2014 marking the big 100 year mark, trying to stir up hype with the GB trying to look more visible,that's all.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Anthony Morris hopes he get's the assembly talk outline : "Be Sad At Things Jehovah Is Sad About", or "Does Your Tight Fitting Pants Disgust Jehovah"?

Loache has got his heart set on giving a Scary anti higher Education barn stormer, while Lett feel the need to warn all the conventioners about "Strangers" and the pit falls of trusting them(he has a strong xenophobic bias and loves to expound on it any chance he gets it is almost like a nervous tick a kind of touretts syndrone.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I think they are just trying to mix things up to stir interest. The assemblies are so boring I can't imagine why anyone would want to go. It is curious, though, to watch the emphasis change about the prominence of GB members. Back in the day, the president was seen as a bit of a figurehead, even thru the Fred Franz years. But then the post-Franz GB deliberately took a stance in the background, not prominent at all. In that time you hardly knew their names. Now they are back in the limelight, and are just as deliberately making themselves like rock stars for the Witnesses.

• Kensei01
    Kensei01

Someone may have already mentioned this but it could be that the gb know more and more elders are showing signs of not really being in step and are assuming more control over proceedings. It also has the added value of everyone getting more face time with the gb. Technology really didn't allow that so much before and now they can change from their previous shadowy existance; of course that is a two edged sword..

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

It's def true. I know that our Regional (east coast) will tie into Indianapolis during special parts of the convention. The IT/Video depts are nervous since the branch still has not got a handle on the live feed. With 3 weeks to go as of last weekend there were still items that needed to be addressed. Should be interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit