2014 summer conventions to have live video and audio feeds

by dropoffyourkeylee 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I have heard from reliable source that this summer's conventions will feature video of various GB members as they speak and announce releases. The regional (as opposed to the international conventions) will have numerous video monitors all around. Anyone else heard about this?

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Yes this is old news. The letters congregations received regarding the conventions mentioned this stuff.

• fastJehu
  • villagegirl
    villagegirl

Sounds very creepy. And a big snoozefest. An Orwellian nightmare.

Do they bring out a golden calf as well ?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

If I was going, I would wonder why I spent 1500 to 2000 to take time off work, travel and stay in a hotel just to watch video I could have watched from my computer or at the local kingdom hall.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Wow, old news. I just heard about it. Guess i'm not in the right chariot.

The fellow I was talking to was in the video dept. just the logistics of putting in 32-inch screens all over the place in a rented facility is going to be a nightmare. Plus a huge expense.. There will be several backup systems in case the networks go down. The whole set up sounds pretty complicated to me.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

To which I say "Whoopie ding-dong". Having videos changes nothing about the program. It is still a damnation working, and it is buffed because the videos dramatize the "need" to be poor and miserable that much worse. It changes nothing about that meeting the opposite sex is going to still be miserably difficult because the hounders are there to stop that. It doesn't make obeying the rules any easier. It doesn't make it any less of a waste of time to attend, and it doesn't ease the bedbugs in the motels they choose. It doesn't make the gas you waste getting there and back any cheaper. It doesn't ease the crackdowns within families--and congregations--that follow these wastefests.

You want video? There is plenty of video if you know what you are looking for. You can look at the truth of Adolf Hitler--from both sides, at that. Or, you can watch something as light as someone walking their dog. You can find videos bashing Einstein as having tangled physics into a mess to prevent advancement, and then watch a video on the pro-Einstein side. You can watch a video as profound as comparing Christi-SCAM-ity to Russian style communism, and then find one testing out the Fenix LD22 flashlight. You can watch one video bashing those squiggly light bulbs, and then one praising the same product. You can find videos praising Jesus, then find one praising Satan and exposing Jesus as fiction. And, if you don't like it, there is the red X on the top of your browser or tab, and the time bar to advance or retard the video. If you have the right software, you can even download some videos if you feel like it.

Try that with those washtowel videos.

• L3G
    L3G

I took in a district convention 2 or 3 years ago, but I could only take half of one day. I haven't been to a complete one in many years. It used to be a big deal for a local heavy elder to be given the part where a publication is released. When did they start taking that away and having GB members release them via video?

Didn't Jesus say something about seeking out the lowliest roles? Hmmm...

• donuthole
    donuthole

It continues the trend of the GB wanting to be more promiment. Video presentations are the next step.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

This is new information to me. Thanks for posting. In essence, this negates the whole purpose of having an assembly. I have participated in numerous web-based seminars and sessions. THey are wonderful and so efficient.

So, why would a witness travel to a faraway location, take vacation time, spend money on hotels, food and travel when the same event can be viewed on-line?

I only ask this rhetorically. If I was part of the gb, I think I could come up with a few reasons to inflict additional pain on the r&f. One of the reasons would be “just for the fun of it” or to state it differently “because I can.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit