Congregation Pledge Disgusted Elder

by rrb2016 42 Replies latest forum suggestions

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

SaritaJ, that sounds like something that just your congregation is doing. My congregation has passed around anonymous pledge slips on more than one occasion, to find out if there will be enough money given for one project or another. It could be that your friend's elder body is trying to figure out if they can keep their own Hall/congregation or if they need to merge.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ SaritaJ---

FYI: from the BOE letter dated 3/29/14:

"The elders in congregations without loans or those having standing resolutions to support Kingdom Hall construction worldwide should take a confidential survey of all publishers to determine the amount of the new resolution. This can be done by passing out slips of paper to be filled out anonymously by the publishers indicating how much they are able to contribute monthly toward local congregation expenses, including the resolution to support Kingdom Hall and Assembly Hall construction worldwide. At the time the survey is taken, it may be helpful to also review with the congregation the average monthly operating expenses that need to be covered.

....All other resolutions, such as those for contributing to the worldwide work, the Convention Fund, the Traveling Overseer Assistance Arrangement, and the Kingdom Hall Assistance Arrangement, should continue to be honored.

....Each congregation should establish its own resolution to contribute to Kingdom Hall and Assembly Hall construction worldwide and submit the resolved amount with its monthly remittance to the branch office."

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Oh, whoops, my bad.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I wonder how this will look when they are to submit to an independent audit?

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

I waited onJar hoover to vacuum my troubles away. He didn't. punkofnice

Really? You wanted God to take care of you ? So now you hate God so much

you make up stupid names for him ? That will teach him not to give you stuff.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Punky doesn't god, he is intelligent enough to realise that god is a myth.

• galaxie
    galaxie

I am also intelligent enough to know that god is a moth (only works when the light gets brighter ) lol

• bigmac
    bigmac

Really? You wanted God to take care of you ? So now you hate God so much

you make up stupid names for him ? That will teach him not to give you stuff.

its ok--most of us have moved beyond believing in a man-made myth----but if you havent yet--dont worry--you might eventually. but meantime i'm sure your god is glad you reminded him of his mistakes

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I heard that if they kept making loans, then they would come under new banking regulations, and therefore have to open there book to government scrutiny!

We wouldn't want that, now would we!

Dwain

• DJS
    DJS

"Just like back in the late 1980s when they went to offering the mags free and were used to solicit a donation in order not to pay taxes on the sale, so too this new arrangement of pledges will back fire on them. They are desperate and are makeing very stupid moves that are going to cost them big time in the near future."

Let's hope so. I remember not being able to keep my disgust about the begging for alms, I mean donation, arragnement for the mags nstituted by the GB. I thought it one of the stupidest decisions in the history of these stupid men, and god knows there have been many. I shared my views with a few close friends and then, realizing I had to remain in lockstep like a good Dub leader, made the decision to tell the rank and file it was up to them but I wouldn't suggest or encourage them to carry their little envelopes for keeping the $ during FS. And I didn't lead by example.

That was one of the first steps toward the exit for me. Hopefully this stupid, greedy grab for $ will be likewise to many more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit