Congregation Pledge Disgusted Elder

by rrb2016 42 Replies latest forum suggestions

• rrb2016
    rrb2016

At the meeting the other night, the Elder who had to read the announcements, which included the $$ info for the new donation arrangement seemed downright disgusted as he read the announcements and asked for the vote. He said, "well, here is another organizational change" as he read the letter about the discontinuation of the 2nd meeting during CO visit.

Then after they voted, he said if you have any questions ask this other Elder as if he wanted nothing to do with it. I wonder if he is awake. He doesn't seem as stupid as the rest of them. Although he does wear a rust colored polyester suit most of of the time. He said they had much discussion on the matter. They decided to send $300 or so a month to the BORG, although last month they claim they only collected $600 with expenses of $700. They have $8000 in the bank. I wonder if that will be sent to the BORG also.

• twice shy
    twice shy

The Elders disgust in the wtbt$$$$ is becoming more and more profound. They go along because they still believe it has to be some truth, but it seems like alot of them are starting to awaken to their intelligence being highly insulted.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Justified righteous indignation at this stealth tithing and mandatory donation demand by the Society. What did Jesus say about turning it into a "den of thieves"?

• Fernando
    Fernando

May the disgust multiply unabated along with the insanity of the Watchtower ruling religious clergy class, until the whole ugly mess implodes...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When I was an elder I believed it was the truth®. However, there were often things that I attributed to my lack of understanding....I waited onJar hoover to vacuum my troubles away. He didn't.

It was being an elder that awoke me to the reality that the wbt$ is a money grabbing cult.

Perhaps this elder is on the same journey as I was on.

• designs
    designs

Much like the scam of the never ending deficit at Circuit Assemblies this to will cause more to leave.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"Then after they voted"; This is where the real oppression comes in - don't let the suckers ask any questions about the rope being put around their necks until after it's been done!

Then they can't get it off for as long as they live! (as Witnesses)

After it's done, who cares what they say or ask!!!!

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Money is a great motivator for some.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

People will turn a blind eye and let a lot of things "slide" but when it comes to money....their money, they will suddenly "pay more than the usual attention". Abstract doctrines can be easily excused or ignored but money is a tangible commodity that most people can relate to. This call to have individuals commit to a specific dollar amount each month may just be the "straw that broke the camel's back" for those who have been ignoring the significance of the recent doctrinal changes.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The numbers for the monthly payment being reported on this board seem quite low: $300, $500. . . . . I hardly think this is what watchtower had in mind when this letter went out. I wouldn't doubt if the elders will be "encouraged" to increase their donations into the $1000 range (or higher) by the CO or additional correspondance from HQ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit