Keep Seeking First God's Kingdom - RC 2014 - Sunday

by OwnAccord 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

It would be more accurately be called "The Shared Rulership With Christ During Satan's Thousand Year Abyssing".

• Londo111
    Londo111

Thanks again!

• St George of England
    St George of England

Thank you for posting the notes and photos, much appreciated

George

• zebagain
    zebagain

Thanks OaC: lot of work there.

..new scrolls.. hm.. For a long time i assumed they were mentioned somewhere in the bible but i understand it aint the case.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I guess no one here would be working the video at the RC.

What could liven it up a bit is to slip in the video for the deaf.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

My mom made the comment that she thought it was odd how much emphasis they put on inviting the public to the Memorial. She said, "If you were going to visit the KH, that would be the STRANGEST time to see what it was like... How confusing!"

I really hope I get to talk to my parents before they go sit through this nonsense in Detroit. Ugh...

Do people actually get excited to go to these things?

• MissFit
    MissFit

@Faithful Witness- there is not too much in the JW life they are allowed to do. The conventions are a break in the monotony of their lives. We had more fun getting ready-- buying new clothes-- finding fun places to go along the way. Picking out the best location so we can turn it into a vacation. The program was an afterthought. We sit through it while making plans for afterwards.

The new publications were also a monotony breaker. It gave you something to look through during the program the next day.

When they talk about how excited they are for the convention they are really talking about their vacation.

Miss.Fit

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Marked

• Quendi
    Quendi

I haven't attended a summer convention since 2005, the year I was disfellowshipped. I looked forward to them more as social events than theocratic ones, although I did enjoy getting the new publications and found some of the talks to be interesting. One year back in the 1980s was particularly interesting for me because I sat at the information desk. Our conventions were held in Denver, Colorado which was 25 miles away from my home in Boulder. The congregation assigned to that job hated doing it so I stepped into the breach.

Most of the people stopping by were from out of state who had come to Colorado on a trip combining convention business with sight-seeing pleasure. So the questions they asked had little to do with the convention and much more to do with how to enjoy their time in both Denver and Colorado. I had a lot of fun directing folks to the many places to see, enjoy and experience in the area whether that was in Denver or in Colorado's fantastic outdoors. Word got out that people should come to the information desk to get facts and details that would make their trip enjoyable and I had many great conversations with people about their plans for their stay.

It wasn't too long before I was told that my information was untheocratic and irrelevant and to knock it off. I refused and after the second day found myself kicked off the information desk altogether. It reverted back to being a convention information desk only and I never worked it again. I told convention staff that if we really believed in a coming paradise, why would we not tell people how they could enjoy life now and get the most out of it, especially in a place as beautiful as Colorado is. The answer I got was that paradise was in the future and should not be talked about in the here and now. That answer told me that organization bigwigs no more believed in their paradise earth than they believed in the trinity or hellfire.

So this information about paradise talk is interesting. I agree that the organization is using it as a way of keeping older witnesses in the fold. But once this generation is gone, what then? I have to wonder seeing how Witness theology is being radically tansformed nowadays.

Quendi

• lrkr
    lrkr

DEMONSTRATION: Young brother with a personal struggle. Meditates on the

time in the future when his worship won't be tainted by imperfection. Is

determined to struggle and try to make adjustments.

HMMMM- no jacking off in the new system??? What a shame.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit