Did other JWs judge you? What for?

by Julia Orwell 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Some judged me for going/having gone to university. Some judged me for being 'too smart.' Some judged my non jw brother for being in the army. Some judged me for being a single young woman and not using my circumstances to pioneer. Sisters judged my clothes. I was judged for using big words. This is just some of the stuff I know about.

What crazy stuff did they judge you for?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The judging and murmuring that takes place amongst the so called "spiritual ones" in the cong is amazing!

I find that these ones who feel that they are in a good spiritual place (according to wt practices anyway), are so quick to judge others in the cong..!

The practice of assuming that we know others circumstances better, or therefore have the right to judge what they should or should not be doing, or what theocratic activities we should be pursuing is so harsh....

They should all mind their own business!!!

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Another excellent reason to quit going to meetings or any other JW activity. Life is too short to spend it as the victim of gossiping busybodies. Leaving them behind is the best revenge.

• XkhanX
    XkhanX

Judged for not being at the meeting during our fading process. We are told they will pray for us. Seems that we gonna be destroyed at the big A. I seen brothers judge Ray Franz for being a liar, yet have not read his books, COC. Seen how Sis Barbara ( child's abuse advocate) was judged for being vocal as sisters are "not suppose to teach" in the congregation. Christiandom pastor was judged for not familiar with the Bible ........lotsa of it. We are glad are out. Meet with few ex-JWs recently over dinner. Surprise! They are no longer judgmental. one even apologize for the past misdeeds for being too brainwashed And acted too rashly. We are all good people, just that Watchtower brainwashing bring out the Monsters in all of us. Glad to be truly FREE!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I agree, they're mostly good people but are brainwashed into doing some bitchy things. I was guilty too of my share of bitching.

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Same thing here. Judged for attending college, judged for talking to my df-ed mother, judged for having a unique hairstyle (lol, yes). After a while you get fed up and ignore them totally.

• krejames
    krejames

My last cong wasn't judgmental in the slightest. In my prev cong the elders weren't judgmental but there were a few rank and files who were. I remember a visiting elders wife telling me to shave off my beard. I also remember a run in with a rank and file brother who had taKen a disliking to me. I had got drunk at a party and he took me outside in the middle song of the next meeting and told me to go to the elders which I did. But that was about as judgmental as I'm aware of (And to be honest he had a point).

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

I'm growing my beard now, krejames. I'm curious what there reaction will be once it's more 'manly' like.

• blondie
    blondie

Of course, unless you are an elder you can't have any idea what "judging" goes on when they meet or 2 elders are together whether from the same congregation or 2 different congregations. Several elders told me it wasn't gossiping if they left out the names when talking to other elders....but then the details were so exact and the congregations in the area so inbred you didn't need names.

• krejames
    krejames

Hehe Depends on the cong. I was made a MS while I had a beard. But I did keep it well trimmed. (Edited to add that actually it was the sisters that generally made a bigger issue out of the beard thing. Some used to tell me to shave it off and others saying they loved it. Who knew a beard could be so controversial?! Haha)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit