Do you think JW’s are dangerous, if yes why? If not, why?

by suavojr 43 Replies latest jw friends

• suavojr
    suavojr

Personally the JW’s to me are not dangerous. On the other hand, many do think they are in fact a dangerous CULT. Why are they dangerous?

Many people deny certain medical treatment because of their own beliefs, many parents shun their children even though they don’t believe in a God, many people show lack of love and they have never been exposed to JW teachings, etc…

My point is, if you were to wipe away all of the JW’s from the planet earth you would still have a group of people who still act in unloving ways.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was going to look up information from Steve Hassan on what a DANGEROUS mind control cult is, but I am pretty sure I can wing this.

Jehovah's Witnesses warp the mind's normal way of thinking into always always always thinking the Watchtower way first. When disaster strikes or a loved one dies, many coldly say/think that the victims at least can be resurrected instead of destroyed at Armageddon.

JW's sacrifice education and normal life experiences, shut out family and coworkers. The religion promotes shunning of one's own children/grandchildren, or parents/grandparents, along with other close family members.

JW's often do not prepare for retirement because the end has been so close for 100 years now.

JW's have gone to prison for Watchtower. Watchtower does little for the members, though.

WTS has asked people to sacrifice the best part of their life and their lifesavings, but has told some of the same people who made great sacrifices to go home and let someone else care for them now that they wasted so many years not even contributing to their own future.

WTS protects the corporation ahead of the individual when problems arise, including criminal activity of members as far as sexual abuse or physical abuse.

WTS treats women as second-class members behind the men.

Worst of all, JW's will lose their life over the blood issue and ask their children to do the very same.

I didn't even get into the experiences that children experience growing up in this dangerous group.

Do I think JW's are dangerous? What do you think?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes there would always be unloving people in the world. But NOT because they are told to hate in the name of GOD
    JW's are taught never to speak to someone who has left the organization ,because they could not believe a teaching
    I was kicked out because I didnt believe Jesus came invisably in 1914.My daughter 69,her daughters ( 2 of them)
    Must not speak to me ,& two great grandkids ...I am not to be spoken to.I am 86+ so I wont ever be able to hug em & tell
    them I love them. WHY????? Because the OLD MEN at Brooklyn said so.And because the WT teaches MIND CONTROL!!!!
    THEY listen....

I personally think they are the worse CULT in the world.Yes theres a bus load of girls being kidnapped
    But there are BOYS GIRLS,BABIES! MEN! WOMEN being Hi-Jacked by the WATCH TOWER!!!!!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Most JW's would not deprive someone of a valid medical treatment unless they thought it was the right thing to do. They are told by Watchtower that it is the right thing to do. They didn't learn it elsewhere.

Most JW's would not shun their child for turning away if Watchtower didn't tell them to do it.

Your premise that these things would exist if you wiped one group out doesn't fit at all. If I wiped out one murderous gang, and other murderous gangs still exist, that doesn't mean that the first group wasn't dangerous.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

… “People do not knowingly join “cults” that will ultimately destroy and kill them. People join self-help groups, churches, political movements, college campus dinner socials, and the like, in an effort to be a part of something larger than themselves. It is mostly the innocent and naive who find themselves entrapped. In their open hearted endeavor to find meaning in their lives, they walk blindly into the promise of ultimate answers and a higher purpose. It is usually only gradually that a group turns into or reveals itself as a cult, becomes malignant, but by then it is often too late.” “When your own thoughts are forbidden, when your questions are not allowed and our doubts are punished, when contacts with friendships outside of the organization are censored, we are being abused for the ends never justify the means

When our heart aches knowing we have made friendships and secret attachments that will be forever forbidden if we leave, we are in danger. When we consider staying in a group because we cannot bear the loss, disappointment and sorrow our leaving will cause for ourselves and those we have come to love, we are in a cult… If there is any lesson to be learned it is that an ideal can never be brought about by fear, abuse, and the threat of retribution. When family and friends are used as a weapon in order to force us to stay in an organization, something has gone terribly wrong.”

-Deborah Layton Jonestown Survivor

• SAHS
    SAHS

“If yes why?” . . . .

May 22, 1994 Awake! Cover

May 22, 1994 Awake! Inside Cover

“If yes why?” . . . . Well, that’s one damn good reason, I would say!

• Giordano
    Giordano

909 people died in one night in Jonestown because they believed that Jim Jones had the truth and they were destined for a better life.

Parents made their children drink poisoned fruit juice. Families died in one another's arms because they had become trapped to believe in certain things.

Rev. Jim Jones with children

One-third of the victims were children. Many were killed by Jones' aides, who squirted cyanide down their throats.

Since 1945 the WTBTS has encouraged it's followers not to accept life saving Blood transfusions. How many died needlessly?

In the early 1960's the WTBTS made it a DFing offense. So like the folks in Jonestown they were coerced to kill themselves or their loved ones.

Based on world wide morality rates and the amount of witnesses' one could say that at minimum 1,000 JW's may have died needlessly each year. That's 69 years, 69,000 deaths and still counting.

They had also discouraged vaccines and transplants for many years.

The dead at Jonestown covered a field.......... the dead looked like litter.

http://media.npr.org/programs/newsnotes/features/2008/11/jonestown-wide-200-9dfe8cd552817db016777cb4112365ed0c9dc949-s6-c30.jpg

You would need a very large stadium to hold the needless JW dead.

• Mikado
    Mikado

Absolutely it's dangerous.

Its a failure of logic to compare one form of danger to another, are sharks more dangerous than tigers?

You only need to look at the damaged lives, that's all the evidence you need.

• mrhhome
    mrhhome

The JW are absolutely dangerous. Anyone who invokes the name of God to turn otherwise loving people against each other is evil.

I had JW in-laws for 13 years and got along great until I had to confront a JW issue. Only then did I get a first-hand view at how that cult has twisted the minds of otherwise good people. Only then did I really begin to comprehend how much they have hurt my wife over the last 30 years.

The JW may not be the only dangerous thing in the world, but they are still very dangerous.

• flipper
    flipper

Jehovah's Witnesses ARE definitely dangerous as the WT Society produces a mentality or thought process in JW's that promotes a total lack of normal human empathy within them. They are told to show allegiance and obedience to sociopathic WT leaders who have no consciences themselves and lack empathy. Is it any wonder most JW's act this way ? It causes death, suicides, murder ( JW children not being allowed blood transfusions to save their lives ) and the cutting off of family members from one another destroying family unity. If a person has been a Jehovah's Witness in the past- there is NO acceptable way for them to leave the JW cult without suffering negative consequences, i.e. shunning or ostracism from former friends and family. This is not the case in some non-demoninational churches where a person can have the freedom to leave and still maintain friendships. So, yes- Jehovah's Witnesses ARE one of the more dangerous organizations or mind control cults. More so than other organizations

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit