Has anyone noticed in the NWT book of Psalms, some of them the "S" is left off

by Legacy 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

I was at a meeting. We were in Psalms..I don't know why I was looking at the other books of Psalms, & noticed that the"S" was left off of Psalms...Don't remember what chapters, being I don't have my bible with me now....Check it out for yourselves. I will come back when I find it myself. Guess they were in such a rush to get it printed & distributed.

Forum open...if anyone has their revised edition...check it out.

Just a little oversight on their part...& don't forget, THEY ARE NOT PERFECT....don't they have spell check on the printing press....I'm just saying..

Legacy

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Just a little oversight on their part....don't they have spell check on the printing press

Who needs spell check when Holy Spirit is watching over your every move?? LOL. "oversights" are intentional errors inserted by Jehovahâ„¢ to test a JWs faith.

• pixel
    pixel

Marked.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

It's actually a long overdue correction.

Drilled into me by my Dad, and I do the same with my kids.

You can figure it out.I

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

berrygerry - you mean you "palm" or in other words hit your children with

your large heavy adult hand as in smack them around ? Slap them in the face?

take down their pants and spank them ? And thats gotta be "right" because it was

done to you by your Dad? And god forbid you might figure out your Dad was an idiot.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

A "psalm" is an individual passage (i.e. singular), whilst "psalms" are... well... more than one (i.e. plural).

• Island Man
    Island Man

This is a very important issue as trivial as it may seem. How often do you see typographical and grammatical errors in Watchtower literature of a few decades ago? Why are we now beginning to see more errors? This increase in errors is perhaps evidence that the org has lost Jehovah's spirit and blessing. (If you believe they ever had those to begin with)

• Island Man
    Island Man

Legacy, just out of curiosity, are you living in what might be considered as a third world or less developed country? I ask this because I know that multinational corporations sometimes 'dump' substandard, flawed products that won't sell in developed countries, on the market in less developed countries. I live in a less developed country and I notice that the cover of the April 2014 Awake "Why Go On?" has a number of spots on it. Something went wrong with the printing process. Are any of you guys living in developed countries noticing any spots on your April 2014 Awake cover?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Guys. Please re-read berrygerry and Vidiot's posts. You're making me face-palm.

• Legacy
    Legacy

@ Island Man,

Nope, I'm in NYC. I think they were in such a hurry to get the bible distributed, it was an oversight. I'm at work now, but when I get home, I'll look up the chapters that the "S" is left off....I was going to check the on-line version, but decided not to. I did see it with my own eyes. The sister next to me pointed it out & the sister on the other side of me, (born-in) saw it too...They were amazed...me....not so much. They had to get out this revised bible to take our minds off the new light from the WT July 2013.

Don't worry, some will point it out & they will say, some of the chapters are Psalms (alot of verses) and some chapters are Psalm (few verses)....bcuz remember the Org. is Teflon. If I have a minute I may check the JW.org (bible)...

Legacy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit