Has anyone noticed in the NWT book of Psalms, some of them the "S" is left off

by Legacy 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

What is the correct way...in the older NWT, it says in all the books of Psalm(s) ....Psalms...is this a typo or the way it's supposed to be...It's called the book of Psalms....like the book of Matthew.....they didn't abbrv. Matt. or Luk, Jo....it's the book of Psalms...whether it's one verse or 90.

& when it comes to the bible....it must be rocket science...cuz it take a billion folks to really know what the bible teaches....LOVE.

Legacy

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ is Cutting Back..

Selling properties,getting rid of DO`s..

Now the letter "S" is on the Chopping block..

The WatchTower Bible and Tract Ociety..

........................................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Most likely due to the first letter in the name Satan is S

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Most likely due to the first letter in the name Satan is S

..............................................Could the WBT$ Have Sold Their "S"`s To Satan?!..

................I Own All The WatchTower "S"`s..

...................................LOL!!..

..................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Outlaw - "The WBT$ is Cutting Back.. Selling properties,getting rid of DO`s.. Now the letter 'S' is on the Chopping block.."

* snicker *

• steve2
    steve2

The OP is wrong - as others have explained. Psalm is singular, referring to only one Psalm, whereas Psalms is plural, referring to two or more Psalms. There is no oversight and/or typo.In this instance, the organization's writers and proof-readers have not been negligent.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

Well if if it's not being negligent...go to JW.org....it says Psalms on all the chapters..if Psalm is just for one Psalm, not many verses but just one, why in the revised NWT, in Psalms 119 (which we know to be several verses) on the top of the page it says Psalms. The book should reflect the website. I think it's an oversight. And again, if you look at our previous NWT, all the pages at the top say: PSALMS...one verse or several. This is just something I noticed, I'm not knit picking, just more proof, they are imperfect, just like anyone else...& anyone can mispell. Although, I'm wondering why nobody ever saw it...

Legacy

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

The real oversight is in Numbers... Anyone remember that one?

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

Meant to say, in Psalms 119 on the top of the page it says...Psalm no "S".

Thx,

Legacy

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi I LoveTTATT,

Numbers, tell me...did they drop the "S" also....

Legacy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit