Did I say too much, and scare away my elderette? What has happened to Miss K?

by Faithful Witness 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

I have had 3 sessions of what is most likely being tracked as a "Bible Study" with an elderette who is from the KH we stopped attending about 3-4 years ago.

After last week's visit and bible verse study, she asked me if she should return. I had expressed concerns that she was a heretic, and I had a friend who had warned me not to let her into my house. I told her I had to think about whether I wanted to study the Bible Teach book with her. She promised to get back to me in a few days, about whether we would have another appointment. We have been meeting on Fridays, so today would be our usual time. I have not heard from her yet.

I'm wondering if she returned to the KH and/or her elder husband, with my story of the end of our previous bible study. We studied with one of the head honcho elders (frequently read the Watchtower study article from the chair on stage) at the KH. Miss K's husband is also one of the main players (hall monitor) there.

Miss K keeps hinting, and sort of pressing me for what my real concerns are, regarding the JW's. She made the comment at least twice, about how "you seem to have some flags coming up in your mind, and I'm not sure what they are..."

I confided in her how saddened and shocked my husband and I were, when we tried asking questions of our teacher (after a revealing interview we found, featuring ex-JW's on an old TV show). His reaction to our sincere concerns, knocked us right off the JW wagon to "The Truth." I did start opening up to her, and my response included the unaddressed question, "Just because you are no longer a Jehovah's Witness, does that mean everything you say is a lie?"

I did not explain or tell her any of the information that we had. I did not ask her to defend any apostate information.

I'm wondering why she has not called or texted me yet. I am planning to tell her that we can resume after we get back from our vacation in a few weeks. Until then, I am going to focus my attention on my own home and family.

She told me, "It sounds like some trust has been violated. Maybe I can help you, or maybe I have some thoughts or comments that will help you see things from a fresh perspective." and "You are a woman of above-average intelligence. I enjoy the opportunity to defend the truth. (after I pointed out, that they had called me a "kindergartener" the week before)"

I told her I was appreciative to find a JW that was willing to answer my questions. "I am taking your advice. I have questions about the JW's, so I am asking a JW."

---------

What has happened to Miss K? Maybe she has had a busy week, and simply forgot to check in with me.

How likely is it, that she went back to her husband, and he told her not to call on me again?

• Listener
    Listener

Although she is one to ramble on. not litsten and not answer questions, she does seem to take much pride in her work. It would be unlikely that if she did not want to visit you that she would not return. If there was no committment to call on you today then it is likely she will call again.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

JWs have too many questions that can't be answered.

Even worse they have question that can't be asked.

You probably asked one of those wrong questions.

Doc

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

That woman's mind must be spinning by now. The best you can do is bring up one specific issue that you have, ie., WT NGO, two-witness rule, or 1914 Generation and plant a seeds of doubt. This lady is good, she has all the WT answers to everything and you are the one that needs to be readjusted. Have fun.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I am not sure, but I think she would have contacted you either way, I don't think she would just stop all contact. She might be sick, or having doubts. But who really knows for sure. Kate xx

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

She called you a "kindergartener" ?!?!?!? Like a "spiritual" baby compared to her?? You need to just hit her between the eyes with the " Criteria for Truth." Pick one subject, like "JEHOVAH" being proven, and stick with it until she is 100% honest. Otherwise you will get the perpetual run around. Remember, they work in pairs. Trying to keep two deluded minds [ who are constantly thinking of which scripture snippet to use next, instead of really listening] focused is a challenge.

Just present the criteria and ask if they agree with it. They should because it's from the GB. It's unassailable. They will either be honest and admit that they can't answer, which means they will probably say, " Where else can we go?", or they will have extreme CD and get mad.

CRITERIA FOR TRUTH

1) God's word is the ultimate source of truth.

2) Truth is the correct understanding of God's word.

3) Jesus' words are truth.

4) No "truth" can contradict another "truth." If there is a contradiction, only one can be true.

5) Truth does not change. Truth remains truth. [ not so with men's ideas ]

6) No probabilities or assumptions allowed. God's true prophets never prophesied in probabilities or assumptions. Exactly what they said came true.

7) Truth is verifiable facts.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/275576/1/Active-JWs-can-you-defend-THE-TRUTH#.U3YXgNJdWSo

Check out this answer from a JW at allexperts.com

Can you prove that Jehovah's Witnesses have the "truth" about any of their unique beliefs using the criteria provided by the Governing Body/FDS? Let's pick an easy one. Is God's name "JEHOVAH?"
    Answer: No thank you.

If you are one of the "few" left being called by Jehovah and his Son, you are invited to visit www.jw.org for a Free Bible Study. (Limited Time Offer about to Expire) Hold on, A New World is coming!

DD

• Clambake
    Clambake

I remember when I was studying and they were explaining the 1914 thing to me and I started to ask questions.

1. What does a marked year mean and what was taught before 1914 ?

2. Why should Jerusalem mean anything other than the city of Jerusalem when talking to a bunch of pissed off jews in the city of Jerusalem.

3. Where is the day for a year rule in the bible ?

4. How is the tree in Daniel 4 related to the end times when it clearly says represents the kingdom of .......I can't spell it.

5. Why does every other source site 583 over 607 to the fall of Jerusalem.

6. Then the generation of 1914 was not suppose to live to see the end of the system of things. Now how long is a generation ??

That was my last study. They never called back.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Ask her to record the Regional Convention talk in the Sunday morning symposium, on the subject of "New Scrolls".

Tell her that you'd like to hear her recording and then discuss it with her - using the Bible account at Revelation 20:1 - 12.

Have a printed copy of this - http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/239678/1/New-scrolls so that you can get her to explain why THREE blatant lies are told about one Scripture by "God's direct channel of communication on earth", and also why 8 million Bible students have clearly NOT studied their Bible, and believe this nonsense!

I am soooooooooooooooo looking forward to hearing and recording this talk myself!!!!

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

I am confused, you think SHE is a "heretic" ????

"I had expressed concerns that she was a heretic, and I had a friend who had warned me

not to let her into my house. I told her I had to think about whether I wanted to study

the Bible Teach book with her..."

Is your purpose here to enlighten her to the fact she is in a cult ?

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Question: What exactly is your purpose in spending so much time and energy on all that nonsense? So she stopped calling you: Good riddance!!! Don't you have better things to do???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit