QFR August 15, 2014 - Resurrection and Marriage

by wisdomfrombelow 69 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Comatose
    Comatose

Bravo Pistoff.

• designs
    designs

jwfacts- What have you studied on Judaism's belief in Gan Eden.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Pistoff”: “. . . they assume Jesus was talking about earthly, no heavenly, no earthly, no heavenly.”

That’s about it, literally. So much for the GB being the one-and-only true mouthpiece/prophet for Almighty God! They can’t seem to get anything clarified – for over 100 years.

Personally, I think that it just makes sense that Jesus would have been referring to the heavenly resurrection, because the whole idea behind him coming to earth at that time was to gather the congregation of anointed Christians (the “little flock”), which would be formally established at Pentecost in 33 C.E. That’s what Jesus’ disciples were supposed to be looking forward to. The “great crowd” of “other sheep” wasn’t mentioned until the apostle John wrote about it later in his book of Revelation around 96-98 C.E. The “Jonadab class” of “other sheep” wasn’t even identified by the WTS until 1935.

So, I can’t imagine Jesus talking about the earthly resurrection at that time when he was talking to the Sadducees. That wouldn’t have fit in with this heavenly kingdom theme and probably would have just confused things.

As for the earthly resurrection, that would occur in the “new system of things,” which I understand is supposed to be a time eventually leading to the restoration of God’s original purpose for humans on the earth – which was to be fruitful and fill the earth (multiply) and enjoy everlasting life as married couples on a Paradise earth. Now, I can understand that eventually earth’s expanding population would have to reach a limit, but it just seems basically cruel and unnatural (perverted) for there to be people living single and denied natural affection and intimacy with a mate of the opposite sex for an eternity (while always observing the animals getting to enjoy humping each other, which are supposed to be lower life forms than humans).

The no-marriage, no-sex theory regarding the earthly Paradise just doesn’t make any sense at all. I mean, what would be the point?

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

Part of me wants to go back to the meetings just so i make it to the new system. I want to see the reaction of a ressurected one when he learns his old best friend married his fiance. Ha Ha Ha!!!

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

One more reference:

YES - w56 Oct. 1 p. 604 par. 20 Others surviving in a different state, widowers, widows, virgin men and virgin women, will be privileged to marry.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Years ago, I attended a daytime book study where this was discussed. There were many widows who caused a scene when this was discussed. There was crying and general mayhem. The Brother ended the book study early, because of the disruption and argumentativeness of the unhappy old sisters. Just further proof the WT don't know nothing ! They make a firm stand made on an issue and then years later a total reversal. Meanwhile, old ladies are traumatized, lives are ripped apart and hearts broken. Bastards.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

with millions then living now dead....

people have more questions about the ressurection than armageddon.... for the pension forms etc....

• Open mind
    Open mind

marked

Thanks for the info.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well, now maybe they'll admit that disfellowshipping is wrong.

• Open mind
    Open mind

And perhaps the WT's greatest Vizzini imitation was with regard to the resurrection of the residents of Sodom.

If memory serves, they have taken TEN different arbitrary stances on this earth-shattering topic.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit