Anonymous Donation - Not!

by why144000 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

In third world countries the average donation would be much..much less. South East Asian countries would average around -at the current exchange rate-$4 per person per month. Ball park estimate.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

So glad they are still not passing the collection plate like they said on all of their event pamphlets for the public. Whew!

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

We suggest you give the "average" voluntary contribution of $20/month.

Sounds like they got the script from the telemarketer fundraisers. "Your neighbors are giving x amount..."

(are you as charitable as your neighbor????)

(are you really giving enough?)

(are you good enough?)

• Londo111
    Londo111

'Suggest' is part of Wachtower's loaded langauge.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

why144000:

This is still in the 'testing the waters' stage. However, at some point it will not be anonymous anymore.

Kate Wild:

People who have consistently knocked college and careers have no business asking anybody for anything.

I'd laugh in their stupid faces.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Recently visited the Metropolitan Museum in NYC. For years they've been criticized for advertsising that it's free but asking for a "suggested donation." It's 25 bucks. Big deal. Well worth it. The point is, if you ask to get in for free you get the stink eye.

I'm sure its the same in the KH's. "I'm sorry I can't afford a red cent." "Reallly Bro poor beyond belief? Not even 20 bucks?"

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Roll up, roll up, snake oil for sale here...

• SAHS
    SAHS

The bottom part on the sign above that literature booth (shown in the above post) says, “THIS MEANS WHAT IT SAYS: IT IS A FACT – INVESTIGATE!

So, I guess you could say that this proves we have been told from the very beginning to do just that – investigate! And I did just that – starting with this Web site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit