Anonymous Donation - Not!

by why144000 27 Replies latest jw friends

• why144000
    why144000

My mother in law (in her 80's) just told me that she had the elders around to pick up her 'donation' pledge. It was 'suggested that $20 a month was the average amount pledged but she could pledge more or less. So, rather than an anonymous amount they have a signed document stating the amount of her pledge. When I told her that Russell said that money would never be solicited and that if Jehovah did not provide the organisation would close down. She said that she had to put the organisation first. I said she should put God first and the organisation second she fell back to the old line 'Jehovah appointed the organisation so we need to be obedient to it' At that point I stopped banging my head against a brick wall.

• zebagain
    zebagain

When she gets hit with an unexpected bill and comes crying for money suggest she direct her concern to the elders.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Times they are a changing.

• factfinder
    factfinder

if an average of $20 was donated each month by each of the nearly 8 million witnesses the wts would collect almost 2 billion dollars a year!

your grandmother has the same attitude as my brother-put the organization (slave) first, obey the slave.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

They seriously nominated an amount????

Oh my god that is rude...and so wrong!

Tell the CO that next time he visits and see what happens to those elders!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Is this happening anywhere else apart from the US? Are they testing the ground there first, before unrolling it around the world, like with the donation for litterature arrangement?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

WTF!! Is this for real? What an outrage! Where is the Society's letter to elders instructing this? Russell and Rutherford would be turning in their graves.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Poor mom. If she heard about something like that happening in any other church she'd be railing on about how evil they were. These poor saps are so blind.

• trujw
    trujw

Actually considering a large percentage of jws are children. I would divide 8,000,000 by three. i would guess they are more likely pulling in 624,000,000 in funds from this arrangement. Question is this in addition to everything else Like your own Kingdom Hall fund and paying for the magazines books etc.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Since there is ZERO transparency in their finances, we will never know how much they make off this scam.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit