Anonymous Donation - Not!

by why144000 27 Replies latest jw friends

• KateWild
    KateWild

This has outraged me. How on earth can elders take it upon themselves to solicit a set amount of money from a pensioner at her door. This is a disgrace.

I have seen other threads where elders have said to pledge less, and they don't think they will meet the pledge every month, and one elder expressed distrust in the new arrangement. This is all predictable and I was pleased to see that elders were actually taking this change seriously and perhaps expressing doubts.

But I was not expecting this, how dare window cleaners go round to homes of the elderly and demand money. The GB said nothing like this in the letter, these elders are disgusting.

Kate xx

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

In our KH the elder from the platform asked for a TOTAL number on the 'donation' pledge,
    including the
    - amount for the "insurance pot" plus
    - amount for the "CO & DO car pot" plus
    - amount for the monthly "KH pot(means heating, electricity, toilet paper, phone bill - etc.)" plus
    - the new amount for the worldwide "Kingdomhall building pot"

as a complete number.

Then the elder told us, how much we have to pay monthly for the "insurance pot", the "CO & DO car pot" and how much the KH costs are every month per witness. Then he aggregated this number and told us this number. Then he told us, we have to count additional money on top for the worldwide "Kingdomhall building pot" und put this "big" number onto our 'donation' pledge.

It was very silent in our KH and it was a strange situation for the most.

Soooo good, to know everthing in advance - thanks a lot for having this page and for telling us in advance about the BOE-letters

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

They have shot themselves in the foot with this arrangement.

It is confusing and the rank and file will be resentful of new donations in the wake of the sell off of prestigious Brooklyn properties.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

ate, I am with you. Very disgusting behavior. This sickens me.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

'Jehovah appointed the organisation so we need to be obedient to it'

That is exactly the assertion at point.

The WT leadership CLAIMS the above, but they cannot PROVE it.

It's a scam, plain and simple.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

They are using the Bible to their own ends, just like the Pharisees.

1 word comes to mind - thieves.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“fastJehu”: In our KH the elder from the platform asked for a TOTAL number on the 'donation' pledge, including the

- amount for the "insurance pot" plus
    - amount for the "CO & DO car pot" plus
    - amount for the monthly "KH pot(means heating, electricity, toilet paper, phone bill - etc.)" plus
    - the new amount for the worldwide "Kingdomhall building pot"”

Good Lord! Why don’t they just set something up to automatically garnish everyone’s wages and government benefits. (Yes, that was sarcasm.) They might as well. I’m sure that will be the next thing in their ravenous financial “theocratic simplification” program.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I just wonder how the elders will deal with a person who doesn't pay their pledged amount. First, heavy-duty guilt-tripping. Then loss of privileges. Then labeling the person as 'bad association'. Then maybe full-fledged shunning. It will be interesting to see how it plays out for those who don't pay up.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Sorry, I am a little late coming to the discussion. Is the 'pledge' for worldwide work only, or for local needs, or for both? Is there still a box marked specifically for world wide work?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit