I had a very interesting conversation with a relative today about a Hall that was just about to have a refurbishment before the new KH/AH funding arrangament

by joe134cd 32 Replies latest members private

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Yeah in a few years the kingdom halls will look like the city of Detroit.

• label licker
    label licker

It makes me wonder if society was expecting a mass exodus therefore they put a mad rush on hall reno's everywhere. Just in case, society would have halls ready to go on sale if this were to happen and they would all be in tip top shape to sell at the publisher's expense.

Our hall was done a few years ago. There's a hall close by where they were suppose to get a reno but instead were told to sell and build a new one. The co made a suggestion for our hall to donate twenty-one thousand to that other hall this year. After that hall was built, they made an announcement that they didn't need our money that we borrowed from the society to donate to that hall. Makes me wonder if they deliberately went out and got a loan and knew the other hall wouldn't be needing it. So now what happened to that twenty-one thousand that was borrowed and then lent out but not needed.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Label licker=now you're mentioned it,I can sort of see what your saying. In my surrounding area (e.g circut)every Hall has either been replaced with a new one and in some cases rebuilt and refurbed as well. Now after all this there is a new arrangament. I would say every Hall in my area would be in very saleable condition. Case in point I know of a KH that had 2 refurbishments done to it, and then shortly after the 2nd refurb (which was a total strip down inside), it was sold and another one rebuilt.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

LABELLICKER - you read my mind.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I wonder how all those folks who donated extra $$ toward their KH payment to the Society over the past few years , feel now that everyone else who owed the Socity had theirs paid off.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

What will be the demographics of Halls "worthy" of refurbishing?

KH's in poorer depressed communities where the real estate value doesn't make it worthy of selling, maybe? Refurb and suggest a MSRP and monthly amount "under the old arrangement" with a wink and increase in required tithed amount?

• losingit
    losingit

Who buys the KH anyways and what do they do with it? I cant imagine anyone wanting a drab building with no windows.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Losing it. I have known of a couple of Kingdom Halls that have been used as funeral chapels, sold to other churches, and I know of one that was in a central city that was converted to offices.

• blondie
    blondie

I know one that is now a Muslim mosque...a Baptist church...put back to a family home to reflect the original neighborhood...insurance office...apartment building, restaurant,

• metatron
    metatron

Sell off halls in areas with better real estate prices and you tend to 'awaken' those few Witlesses who have a few brain cells left as to what the WTS is actually doing.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit