I had a very interesting conversation with a relative today about a Hall that was just about to have a refurbishment before the new KH/AH funding arrangament

by joe134cd 32 Replies latest members private

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ hoser: There will still be refurbs, just in some other unverifiable location.

On a future JW.Org: "News":

"Kingdom Halls earthwide are benefitting tremendously from the Watchtower's newly-formed worldwide KH Fund arrangement. Truly a sign of Jehovah's blessing in these momentous last days".

Real story: A "Kingdom Hall" grass hut in Botswana had minor repairs done to their thatch roof. No funds from WT were available for the work because the fund doesn't actually exist, so the local JWs did what they have always done: paid for it themselves. The repairs were completely unnecessary, but in order to create 'busy work' to keep the brothers distracted from realizing Armageddon isn't coming in their lifetime, or ever, the Circuit Overseer ( a recently fired District Overseer) ordered the work to be done.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Joe,

Thanks for the OP. It's refreshing to see how some elders are thinking and expressing themselves, especially to the rank and file. As OUTLAW quite rightly says, this elder doesn't trust the GB's new arrangement. I can see JWs leaving over this, or at least waking up even if their still in.

Kate xx

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

TOTALLY agree with the label licker statement!!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

label licker - "It makes me wonder if society was expecting a mass exodus therefore they put a mad rush on hall reno's everywhere. Just in case, society would have halls ready to go on sale if this were to happen and they would all be in tip top shape to sell at the publisher's expense."

Be a good way (from the WT's POV) to flip the bird at the ones leaving...

"You wanna bail? Fine; we're still makin' money off you even if you do."

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

the elder offered "to come and do the necessary repairs at his own time and expense because with the new arrangment he didn't think the repairs would be done quick enough, and he also didn't think they would be getting a refurbishment any time soon".

Interesting, thanks for sharing. It was nice of the elder to offer to do the repairs himself. It might be advisable for elders everywhere to start learning how to perform their own building repairs....

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

It might be advisable for elders everywhere to start learning how to perform their own building repairs....

Or, simply tell WT that since they want all the money and the deed to the KH, WT can arrange and pay for all repairs themselves without any involvement from the elders whatsoever. Basically, "you want to own it, then you can take care of it too".

JWs can send WT a very clear message by voting with their wallets and their feet.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

The thing that really struck me about my relatives comments was the fact that the new arrangement has only been in force for a couple of weeks and already people are suspecting that the money isn't ever coming back.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Money only flows one way in JW-Land - UP into the coffers of the WT Org. It NEVER, and I repeat, NEVER flows down out of the coffers and into the hands of the needy people who donated the money to begin with.

Billions of dollars at their disposal, and what do they do with it? Build orphanages, retirement homes, hospitals, soup kitchens, food/clothing banks? How about helping out their members with financial assistance programs like the Mormons do when one of their members loses employment, their job, a family member, etc?

NOPE! They build a brand new "Headquarters" in scenic upstate New York (Walkill) where they can live in opulance and splendor surrounded by nature next to a nice cozy lake. NICE!!! Or, they "invest" in some scenic summer home for their "translation committee" in plush Welsh countryside. They should be ashamed, but first they'd have to actually HAVE shame in order to feel it.

What a royal screwing by these charlatants. I truly hope people start waking up and leaving in droves.

- Wing Commander

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

They build a brand new "Headquarters" in scenic upstate New York (Walkill)

Downstate. Warwick.

• doneandout
    doneandout

This reminds me of my local hall. Durning the part about the new monthly donation thing, they frist mention about upgrading our a/v system BEFORE agreeing sending funds to hq. After reading this thread, I think the local elders were also thinking that it's now or never when it comes to spending the money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit