Hello- new here

by Kikura 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Kikura
    Kikura

Hi All

Been lurking for a while on here and thought I'd jump in. A great deal of many thoughtful posts on here but have to say am a bit turned off with the 'rabid apostate' ones!

My History- was raised in a divided household, mum converted to JW when pregnant with me back in 1970, Dad was never JW but was supportive of taking us to meetings, assemblies etc. Stopped being an active JW around 1990- even to type that seems so long ago for something that still has a big hold on me some 24 odd years later.

Still attend the Memorials, and still hold to the teachings I was raised in- just don't follow it as an active JW.

I never experienced some of the situations I read on here, but then I guess thats because I 'slipped away' all those years ago. Quietly, and without a fuss.....

Much love to you all.

Scott

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Welcome Scott. There is a lot of anger and resentment still with many, myself included, however don't let it bother you or stop you. There are many, many nice people here who are understanding and are good listeners. Enjoy the forum.

• twice shy
    twice shy

Welcome. It is a completely different journey.

Try to keep your faith and trust in GOD. You really have to know where you stand with yourself and beliefs while on here.

Some of the posts are very informative, some quite encouraging and others are totally at the far end.

If you still believe in GOD, but not necessarily the society this is good place to get your grounding.

Enjoy

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Welcome.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Welcome Kikura/Scott. Nice to have you.

You will find all sorts of discussions and all sorts of posts on here. Many of us use this as a place to vent.

I know I do from time to time. So sometimes it gets ugly, but that's real life and real feelings.

Those feelings aren't allowed at the KH so what choice do you have?

Anyway, welcome! Look forward to your experiences and take on things.

-TE

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

Hi Scott. Welcome :) As we are close in age I wish I could say I have been out for 24 years instead of ~3. And yes there are a few people that do get a bit carried away with their arguments but the fabulous thing about the Internet is you can stop reading. I do wish some would be a bit less antagonistic but we are all different. I don't post very often but feel free to share. I look forward to your story!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

welcome- We are all in different places in our exit - I get insulted on a regular basis here.

I take it with a grain of salt

Please continue your exit

FS

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi Scott, I wish I was smart like you and walked away from the WT 24 years ago. Wow! Good for you!

LoisLane

• Londo111
    Londo111

Welcome, Scott!

• bigmac
    bigmac

i suppose the label "rabid apostate " could be applied to me--lol--i'd like to think so.

many of us have seen family torn apart by this cult---and are only too glad to give--and receive --understanding and support.

personally--i have no problem with guys attending occasionally--to get their card stamped--or keep the elders sweet---after all--how can they d'f someone who attends--leads a morally clean life--dont smoke etc--?

but--when i read serving elders on here--slagging off the watchtower cult--yet still enjoying the perks---then i go into meltdown.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit