Hello- new here

by Kikura 34 Replies latest jw friends

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Hi KIKURA, welcome. there are many diverse opinions and here.

I've gone beyond the REM stage - I've lost my religion, but keeping my faith; just finalising the exit strategy!

Hope you enjoy your time here!

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Welcome Kikura. Keep on reading & researching here about the Watchtower Society. Before long you will also probably see that the religion has lied to and destroyed many people & families. Good luck on your life path.

• Kikura
    Kikura

Thanks all for the welcome!-

I guess my mindset is still good vs evil, truth vs lie, JW vs the world, etc....... does that make sense?

Lol- as for me, I always knew I was gay- it wasn't a gradual thing, just an always knew I was kind of thing. I never 'camped it up' or was effiminate in any way- I love a football match like the next bloke (lol).

I got baptised in 1987, alone at this point as my mum had stopped attending meetings due to her panic attacks- being hemmed in in a closed space. My sister had already just dropped out of the Truth as she had got together with her current husband and was pregnant (public reproof from the platform) I cringed at the announcement, and to my shame didn't support her at the time- (we now have a great relationship and love each other, bro in law and kids and grandkids) yet was determined to press on- I knew what I was, but so wanted to stay in the Truth, and it hurt so much.

I did 'press on' (Move ahead move ahead-lol) but around 1988 started going to a gay pub with my best friend from school (shock!) and sometimes right after the meeting- you can guess what happened next.

A year after I was with my first boyfriend, I missed the meetings of course, but had to move out quickly and fade. That I did. I loved the Truth, but didn't want to be the hypocrite I had become.

So, 2014. I'm out, a long time now. My mum (I love her so much) is trying her best to get back to the meetings. My Dad is still indifferent. My Sister now has grandkids- and attends with all of us at the last Memorial.

Me? I wonder about me. 43 now, in a fantastic relationship. I couldn't have wished for better. Currently my other halfs mum has had a stroke in February, and now has vascular dementia as a result, so we are trying to find her a nursing home. It's very tough.and very sad.

I miss what could have been, but rejoice in what now is (hope that doesn't sound too cliched)

And I still 'hang on' to that little voice in the back of my head. The Truth.

Love to all

Scott

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

A great deal of many thoughtful posts on here but have to say am a bit turned off with the 'rabid apostate' ones!

It's the internet. You're gonna have people saying outlandish things regardless of whether it's a forum on religion, sports, gardening or some other topic. As a reference, just take a look at the comments page on your typical online news story.

That being said, I understand the frustration. But there are a lot of incredibly bright and insightful people on here as well. I've learned a lot from this site, even if it's a little extra work sifting through some of the more hysterical topics and other subjects that simply don't interest me.

Welcome aboard. Good luck on your journey.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome here, I'm glad you have a good relationship with your family and have found your way, and all without having to attend all the meetings that JWs say you have to. As to the truth you refer to, I'm afraid you still have the cult mentality, I'm not being rabid, just realistic.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome to this forum. There are those who have been harassed and beaten by the WTS and its representatives. Then there are ones who did not experience any ill-treatment. Because of the different backgrounds and experiences, comments often times will reflect those experiences. Hence do not get too upset by remarks you read.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Right and wrong, truth and lie, I understand the attraction of a perfect teaching. It just so happens that the particular teaching you were raised in has labelled your lifestyle as sin. You've reconciled that somehow and I am glad.

I've taken up a type of yoga that incorporates Yoga, Tai Chi Chuan, and Chi Gong. I go for the exercise, but the instructor also incorporates his brand of spirituality. He speaks of the yin-yang, male-female, heavenly-earthly duality of our natures. I got thinking of that when you mentioned the good-evil duality of the Witness teachings.

I drive my recently exited Witness husband nuts with my earth-and-heaven yoga move, alternately embracing heaven and earth. He tries to correct me, "Anointed and Earthly Class" he intones, LOL.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

WELCOME!!! I don't think I'm a 'rabid' apostate, but I do like to rant occasionally

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Hi Scott and welcome.

We are all at different phases in our recovery, exit or just waking up and smelling the coffee!!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Qcf x

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Hi Kikura!!

Glad you're here.

People here are in different stages of awakening/ recovery from the WT, (spiritually, mentally, emotionally wounded) and some for the first time exploring/reading about other religions, atheism, and agnosticism. There will be disagreements, tactless posts,etc., but there will also a lot of support and comfort, knowledge and experiences from all sorts.

It will take time to learn which personalities/avatars here are genuine, kind, smart, wicked smart, funny, snarky, basket cases, etc. There's something for everyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit