JW Literature... Lots of it... what to burn and what to keep?

by ILoveTTATT 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Personally I wouldn't burn it, I wish I had kept all of mine, but I left it with my first wife who's still in, and has probably thrown most of it out anyway. It may be "wall-to-wall BS" but it's one of our best tools in exposing that BS. Imagine if none of it existed anywhere anymore, how would we prove their lies?

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

You wouldn't happen to have a 2010 WT bound volume?????

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I will check what I have!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I used the CD-Rom as a guide as to what to throw out, what to keep. If it wasn't on the CD-Rom it was a keeper. The only protest I got from hubby was the Isaiah book he had so carefully annotated.

Care for our earth; trade, sell, or recycle the flotsam.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Yeah but here's the thing: The CD has stuff that's been updated. For example the "Truth" book does not have the embarassing 1975 references.

• Investigator74
    Investigator74

Interesting, when I was moving ,I had a attic full of Watchtower books . I sold all the Russell,Rutherford, and early Knorr era stuff on ebay. So most the literature I had left was from the late 50's till 2005. The local kingdom hall wasn't interested in it, so I decided to call Brooklyn Bethel at the time. I was told they were only interested in taking in WT literature pre 1930's.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

If it's available in PDF form somewhere, toss it and get the PDFs instead. The PDFs take up a whole lot less space.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

yeah, check out what things have sold for on ebay -- I got $35 once for a 2-page leaflet.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Sell it on eBay. Even some of the books from the 60s go for forty dollars or more: things in which it is impossible for god to lie - (incidentally that is the one that explains why the witch tower translates ai'on with system of things")

• Magnum
    Magnum

Can you please provide more detail as to what is quoted below? I would like to look up the references. For example, do you know where the "no, we are not false prophets" material is... which mag?

ILoveTTATT: I am definitely keeping the 1993 and 1994 bound volumes of the Awake! (No, we are not false prophets... down in the same page, the generation of 1914 will not pass... also the youths who put God The Watchtower first)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit