JW Literature... Lots of it... what to burn and what to keep?

by ILoveTTATT 26 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I have lots and lots of Watchtower literature... and I don't know what could be useful in the future to have as a reference or as a keeper. I am definitely keeping the 1993 and 1994 bound volumes of the Awake! (No, we are not false prophets... down in the same page, the generation of 1914 will not pass... also the youths who put God The Watchtower first)

If you have EVERYTHING... what would you keep? What is valuable for an apostate to show to other people?

Thanks!

ILTTATT

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

We threw most of ours away with the exception of the old books. I sold our set of Studies in the Scriptures for almost $800.00.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

I've kept everything. I have a huge collection of watchtower material, including some of the rarest of the rare. I share it with a few researchers. But mostly it sits on bookshelves. I think I'll leave it to a college library, along with the rest of my library.

Now that I've confessed to being OCD and a packrat, if you don't want the stuff, put it in a box and dump it on a kingdom hall porch. Throw it in a dumpster. Donate it to the goodwill store.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I want to sell a lot of it... and keep the rare or the super useful for research... with myself...

• Island Man
    Island Man

Keep all the crazy stuff that illustrate the extremism, hypocrisy and false teachings of Watchtower, and burn the rest . . . OK that's not going to get much literature off your hand. LOL. What you can probably do is keep a Watchtower library CD-ROM and burn everything you have that's on the CD-ROM and keep all old literature that's not on the CD-ROM.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL, you're not going to like this, but... burn the lot in the biggest bonfire you can make; forget everything about the Witnesses- forget they ever existed, and live your life. This religion just wastes people's time; and their lives. Do something useful with your time, lol. There is nothing to research- its just wall-to-wall BS.

• Mikado
    Mikado

Burn it all like the poison it is, then walk away liberated is my two cents worth!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

eBay it. Although none of the ones I currently listed are selling. Get some money back from them if you can.

I agree it's cult filth and vile but it's often fellow 'apostates(tm)' that collect this stuff.

Personally, I KNOW the WBT$ is a load of crap....I don't need to keep their crap.

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Send it all in for recycling.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Wasn't the Wt. CD-Rom edited so the crazy stuff was taken out? Are they keeping it in there because no one is really going to read it? Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit