Live Forever on a Paradise Earth

by HeyThere 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

And when the sun becomes a red giant? When the sky goes black because stars are too far apart? When the 'Great Rip' tears apart atoms? When two branes eventually colide again and form a new universe? Yep we will live forever

• steve2
    steve2

I would find the prospect of running around and playing with lambs and lions incredibly tedious after a few hundred years. Jehovah would be very sad at my growing lack of zest for all things paradaisical as the centuries past. He would walk in the garden in my neck of the woods in the early evening calling me over to talk to him. It would be downhill from there.

• galaxie
    galaxie

All the good, good, good, will just become bad, bad, bad. All the love bombing congratulatory gestures for waiting on jehovah will become boring, boring, boring.

People will start looking for forbidden fruit and look for someone to blame.

The lions will start looking at little lambs thinking Mmmmmm I wonder one little bite wouldn't do any harm.

God will sigh and say "OH NO I'LL HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL THIS AGAIN YOU NAUGHTY CHILDREN.

Paradise indeed!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I used to think about this but the whole thing sounded like a constant treadmill. Things achieved consigned to the past. Things hoped for soon gone, transient.

I see no point in life as it is let alone forever.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Hey punko do you like real ale? Next time I have a pint I'm going to have a drink to your health .

Keep your chin up mate.

Best wishes to you.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

galaxie - I used to be a real boozer but I am pretty much tee total now apart from the odd tipple. Please enjoy a good drink to my health. Thanks muchly

I'm trying to keep my chin up I really am.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

And who will do all the drudge jobs? Cleaning sewers, digging holes, lifting heavy things etc? In a paradise everyone gets to do what they want, right? So who's gonna do all the nasty jobs no one wants to do without some sort of incentives?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

How can they have equality without a pecking order still?

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

The belief of a restored paradise earth was adopted by C.T. Russell from the Adventists. This is NOT an original Jehovah's Witness doctrine.

We, as JW's, are taught that during the 1000 year reign of Christ (actually the annointed Governing Body) we will be burying those killed at Armageddon, cleaning up the entire earth and teaching the true religion to all that Jesus and his annointed 'brothers' resurrect.

During this time we will have to work our way into perfection - a task that will take 1000 years to acheive. If we fail in this task, we will be destroyed forever at the end of the 1000 year reign - and our friends and family will live on for all eternity, completely forgetting about us and enjoying life "as it was meant to be".

Sounds awesome.

ginger

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

- In a paradise everyone gets to do what they want, right? -

In that case, I want to be President. But if we go back to the Garden of Eden state, we won’t be wearing any clothes, so how will anyone know? Perhaps I could get the epaulets tattooed on?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit