Do Governing Body members only give talks in TOP resort/travel destinations?

by EndofMysteries 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I hear of governing body members giving talks in Europe, San Diego, etc. How about they instead focus on places like detroit, that they are promoting so much?

Anybody else notice they never seem to appear at the places that are not top travel destinations?

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Great question! From what I heard, the facilities in Detroit are exquisite! They should come and see it...

News of such a "presence" as a GB member, would definitely increase the hotel bookings!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It wouldn't surprise me if "the short straw" has to go to Detroit.

• trujw
    trujw

Very true I have heard Hawaii and other location always have gb giving talks. Also Fiji and australia. Go figure

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

OTWO: I really hope you are wrong... My parents will be there.

Although, according to my mom, the video about Detroit was pretty enticing! He won't be disappointed.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

FW - Caution your parents. Supposedly parking will be offsite in one of the worst cess pools of the country. It's especially dangerous if your parents happen to be caucasian, a couple weeks ago a man accidentally hit a kid only a few miles away from the convention site (security cameras showed the kid jumped infront of his truck with absolutely no way for him to avoid) and he immediatly stops to assist and a crowd of detroits finest ganged up and beat him into a coma. http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/05/08/19-year-old-man-charged-in-detroit-mob-beating-released-on-reduced-bond/

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I wonder how much has changed from Rutherford to today's GB. Both traveled the worlds exotic sites. I wonder what the GB do when traveling to these locations. Do they just give one talk and tour the city the rest of the stay? Do they stay in nice hotels and eat at nice restaurants or spend the entire time in field service each day, sleeping on the couch of a local member, and eating budget pioneer provided meals consisting of all you can eat ramon noodles?

• TeenageInsider
    TeenageInsider

ive always wanted to know if they travel by first class, and if they get regular staterooms or luxury suites.... does anyone know this?

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

I am only speculating, but I think they fly 1st class using frequent flyer miles and such, stay in a suite as well as their entourage (two to three beefy Bethelite body guards and a personal assistant). I would guess that their meals consist of room service poached eggs and dry toast. Give them a break, some of these GB members are very old.

• TeenageInsider
    TeenageInsider

very old, but very effed up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit