Have you noticed the common practice is to knock indivual's self esteem?

by stuckinarut2 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

stuckinarut2 - "As soon as someone does something well, accomplishes something, or excels at something, the atmosphere effectiveley 'kicks them in the gut' to bring them down."

stillin - "Another aspect of this is when (and if) somebody who is successful in life, or smart, becomes a Witness or even is a decent return visit, validates the rest of them somehow."

I always had a tough time wrapping my head around that obvious contradiction.

• Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2

Also great thread. It was the same for me, even if I found a great call in service I was always told I was to stupid to keep it and another JW would just take itaway from me. I had zero confidence in myself.

LITS

• never a jw
    never a jw

Many JW's actually have a very high self esteem, which is constantly nurtured by the Watchtower. They are pioneers, elders, circuit overseers, etc. They are all company man/woman

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

In my experience, people who display high esteem actually do so to hide their low esteem.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

This thread reminds me how much I miss posters like ADCMS he was so funny and we need more comedians on here to balance out all the "we're ex-jehovah's witnesses we speak out in seriousness" crap which frankly can be a real downer in large doses.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    sparrowdown - "...we need more comedians..."

I'll be here all week.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Vidiot.... Having seen the Society's recent article on emojis.... I just wonder what message you are sending us with your avatar? Should I be worried???

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Hell, the sheer volume of :smirk: emojis I use (avatar or otherwise) is even starting to worry ME...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit