Contemplating a Major Life Change.

by Joe Grundy 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Be sure to get a clear understanding of their expectations, how much work and specficially what duties in return for rent. The clearer your agreement with them, the more likely it will turn out to be a dream deal.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

What's the downside? Seriously.

-Aude.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

It would be easy to move - I don't own my place here so could give 30 days notice and go.

Will call later.

• talesin
    talesin

Jo,,,,,,, damn, i am far away, but see yoLove you .... forever and always! big hearts@ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

• Scott77
    Scott77

Hi Joe Grundy,

Not bad an idea. Try it and see if you like it. Perhaps, you can compare the two places, wales and that french area. What are the pluses and minuses?

Scott77

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL- funny story. My brother & his girlfriend were in France a couple of years ago, and they ran out of money- trouble with their bank. Anyway, they met a guy who gave them food & accomodation for a couple of weeks in return for a bit of work. Later, this guy made an offer to anyone of food, accomodation, use of a car, and some spending money for people to come and help him restore his chateau. France is full of big old houses that need work, and often the owners have bitten off more than they can chew! So lol, I don't think there is any shorage of opportunities!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Can we come visit you?

Doc

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Update.

Have discussed this with son and (estranged 'DIL). Main ties would be grand-daughters (5 mins away) but we have agreed that some weeks on holiday with quality time would make up for distance.

Have left message for owner, also for French friend just a couple of miles from this place.

As a returned ex-pat (2010) after five years in CY this has opened a can of worms.

Moving on appeals ...

And of course visitors would be welcome ...

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Well, you have probably watched enough episodes of 'Allo 'Allo to know what to expect... as long as you are covered for hospital & all other medical expenses in a worst-case scenario then you are good to go. My brother & his gf really wanted to live in France, but but there is no reciprocal medical scheme with Australia, so that was too risky. I guess it is different with the U.K. though...

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

What an opportunity! Carpe Diem, indeed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit