Obey Jehovah's Janitors! Fake study article

by RayPublisher 19 Replies latest social humour

• BU2B
    BU2B

I ask what occupation COULD the elders have that would qualify them to "lord it over" the JWs? How many years of college could they have attended to make being judge, jury, and spiritual executioner and enforcer of the GB ok? Maybe if they had a masters it would be more palateable? What difference does it make what their occupation is? No one should be doing what they do.

I make an exeption for the times they give out non-professional advice about marriage, suicide etc.. Its not because they are window washers but because they are not qualified marriage counselors/suicde prevention experts that is the issue. If they were lawyers or ship captians they would be just as unqualified to set themselves up as masters over the congregation.. I do not know many elders that are janitors.. I am sure there are plenty, but really, are the non janitor elders any better?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BU2B:

I see your point about being offended at the insults towards janitors and I suppose I would be insulted as well if I were in that line of work. You are right that it has nothing to do with what anybody's profession/job is and you make the point that a lawyer might be just as unqualified to set themselves up as masters over the congregation. What a person needs are professional qualifications to be marriage counselors, etc. Clearly, these men in the religion do not have these qualifications.

I also understand where Lied2NoMore is coming from. Some of these uneducated men are arrogant (with nothing to back it up) and they believe that all they need is the silly title the religion gives them. I am in no way saying that this applies to you, so don't misunderstand me. Unfortunately, this attitude is what probably gave rise to all the insults towards janitors and other menial jobs.

Also, people who got an education in the religion were criticized (I think out of jealousy) by some of these people. I, myself, was criticized because I would not do housecleaning and had a decent office job. Does that mean housecleaning is a bad thing? No, but it wasn't for me.

I was a victim of "bias" because I would NOT do this menial work. Jehovah's Witnesses are heavy-duty into trying to abase anybody they think has a little something going for them! Again, jealousy I suspect.

However, what I am going to say might offend even more people than you:...... I am of the opinion that many JW men like the JW religion and their position of "elder" because the JW religion is a place where they can feel important, whereas in the "world" they would be a big fat zero with their lack of education or credentials.

However, I am sorry you are offended and any honorable job that can put a roof over somebody's head in this day and age is not to be derided....Peace.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

BU2B... Point taken. You score!

I am sorry for I too have sinned.

When the GB members graduated high school, it is possible that they took on cleaning jobs to support them in their pioneering.

But you are correct in what you say.

I am truly sorry.

----->>> Now referring to the OP I would like to say I have never had a "hoagie" or a "Buritto" at a convention. I have had something like a Subway sandwich that you are supposed to open up and sprinkle Italian salad dressing on. Is that what you mean for a hoagie???

----->>> Are you telling me the Faithful Slave thought it was "wise" to serve Bean Burritoes to mixed company, who then had to "sit" on it, all day???

I am glad I missed that Food line special.

LL (not Bean)

• skin
    skin

The date on this article is July 2014. But This is more likely what we will be reading in July 2024. A bit to soon to introduce this level of self promotion yet.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Too funny! Brilliant!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Obey Jehovah's Janitors!

....................................................................Obey WBT$ Pedophile Protectors?!..

.......................JW Child Molester.....................................Warn JW Children About CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS!!..

.............................................................................................................................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The Elder-Janitor class!

I love it!

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@BU2B - Perhaps WT could actually have trained ministers like the ones in other churches. At least they have actually received a degree and know Biblical Hebrew and Greek and make pastoring, public speaking, and shepherding their avocation and occupation?

But wasn't actually knocking real life janitors my friend the whole thing is a big fat parody. ;)

• LogCon
    LogCon

How dare you.

HOW DARE YOU!

This is a new low.

Bringing these honest, hard working people into a demeaning satire for your your own selfish reasons.

Make you feel better?

Well, does it?

I hope they realize it was done in jest and no janitors are offended.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

No janitors were harmed in the making of this fake WT study page... :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit