The Masters of Spin--Local numbers from your Apostate Account Servant

by suavojr 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

What will be interesting is when in a few months the elders of a hall contact the GB about needing money for a project, what will the answer be??

WT: "What money??"

• thedog1
    thedog1

Kidding Me, as I understand it, the amount on the resolution only refers to donations for what was the old repayment of a loan arrangement. Our congregation was repaying a loan, so our resolution was exactly the same as that amount. Any other expenses incurred would still have to be met outside of that. Even in halls with no loan outstanding the resolution would only cover a contribution to worldwide building work but all local costs would still have to be extra, I think.

• thedog1
    thedog1

Sorry, just read the letter again, and for halls with no loans it does seem that the resolution will include local expenses. Very confusing.

• thedog1
    thedog1

Of course, this could be why we have a new letter to the BOEs about waiting for further instructions on how local expenses can be calculated, possibly by means of a survey, mentioned on another thread here.

• suavojr
    suavojr

The number is in, and the elders are worried the Jdubs from my congo have pledged a large amount.... they will be telling to R&F to write the amount again but lower...

The elders are worried the amount is so high they will not be able to meet it month to month

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Suavojr ... With over emotional religious high, I saw slides and heard a talk about the Bros in Myanmar (old Burma). The very difficult and tough life the missionaries and Bethelites lived over there, if they had passed a basket around (think Civil War times in the movie "Gone With the Wind" when they were passing the hat for their "glorious soldiers") I would have stripped off my jewelry for the " better cause". I actually was surprised that no "donation" was asked for.

So your post above ^^^^^ seems like to me, if the total was a tad high, your JDubs at your KHall really believe, still, Armageddon is nigh. like I thought (because I was told that... for how many decades did I listen like a drone and Believe???

JW sweetheart innocents believe what they are told. If Mother says she needs money, the poor children will give her all they have because they think Mother loves them. Their Mother might love them but the JW.org Mother does not "love" her children. She is an abusive mother that everyone needs to run away from.

It is sad and cruel on JW.org's part.

They are bullying the sheeples all over the world.

LoisLane

• suavojr
    suavojr

LoisLane looking for Superman said: JW sweetheart innocents believe what they are told.

that is so true and sad because no WT big A is coming...

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I understand the congregation will now send a certain amount of money to the Wt. every month. The question is will the elders have the power to enforce getting the money from the pub. who wrote on a slip how much they are willing to give each month? I can see the letter from the Wt. coming in to all congregation in about 6 months telling the elders to start strong arming the pub. for money. LOL Still Totally ADD

• KateWild
    KateWild

The elders are worried the amount is so high they will not be able to meet it month to month-suavojr

Hahaha! So funny. This has been predicted on all the other threads about this new donation arrangement that the pledges will be higher than the actual amount given. Your elders know publishers are being overly enthusiastic and want a manageable amount to pledge.

This is where the new appointing/deleting arrangement works hand in hand with the new donation arrangement. The CO will say the Body does not trust in Jehovah that the cong will meet the pledge amount therefore they are spiritually weak. He will delete all the doubting Thomas' on the body and make sure there are company men who are good debt collectors on the body.

Wow this is truly a cult, hopefully some of your elders will wake up they are certainly thinking things through. They obviously don't think holy spirit has anything to do with this arrangement if they anticipate a shortfall LOL!

Kate xx

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Lets hope they will strong arm the elders in the future, pushing for money will get more idiots to wake up. Maybe the new money program is a good thing after all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit