$ 2,625.85

Donation Resolution

New Yearly contribution

Increase in donation

$ 326.00

$ 3,912.00

49%

Hello all,

I am currently still serving as an Account Servant for my local KH and have been awake to TTATT a little over a year now. I just wanted to take the time to share the numbers and for everyone to see how this new arrangement will be a complete success.

After the meeting last night, our monthly resolution is of $326. Keep in mind that we still need to wait to add the slips the brothers will bring in on Sunday, therefore the above total will go up.

My congregation’s YTD average contributions for the KH construction box in the last 12 months was $218.82, but now it will be $326.00. For example purposes, let’s just say the number stays at $326. If you do the math that is an increase of 49% of guaranteed money for the Society.

Our congregation has over $20k in the bank, what do you think will happen with those funds each month we don’t meet the monthly resolution? We all know the answer. The elders will conform to the WT and they will match the amount needed to meet the congregation’s resolution, and thus our funds will be slowly depleted.

Who will benefit from the surplus in contributions?

Who does the GB answer to on how they use our money?

Will this be truly for Jesus Kingdom advancement?

Why can’t JW’s setup a similar system where the less fortunate members can get help?

So many questions will go unanswered and everyone will be all smiles just because they have a nice building to worship in.

On a side note, we all know that in the English version the letter reads:

The need for Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls is greater than ever before. At this time, over 13,000 Kingdom Hall projects and 35 Assembly Hall projects are needed worldwide.

In the Spanish version, the translating department omitted the words projects in its entirety. This is how it reads:

The need for Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls is greater than ever before. At this time, over 13,000 Kingdom Hall and 35 Assembly Hall are needed worldwide.

If anyone has the Spanish version of the letter, it would be greatly appreciated. I recorded the elder reading the letter and there is no mistake he did not read the words projects, so it creates the illusion of new building constructions.

Interesting how thoughts get lost in translation and new ones inserted at the same time, (WT the Masters of Spin)

Now the JW’s in the Spanish community have the idea that we will get 13,000 and 35 NEW buildings with their hard earned money.

Thoughts and comments are welcomed and if you currently serve as an Account servant, please share your thoughts and inside story.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

saving this

• piztjw
    piztjw

Our congregation has over $20k in the bank, what do you think will happen with those funds each month we don’t meet the monthly resolution? We all know the answer.

Actually, if I heard correctly, those funds in the local bank, or on deposit with the branch will have to effectively be forfiieted to the branch. At least that is what is being done in my locallity. $10,000.00 gone...poof...just like that. It was available to draw against in the past for any major emergency repairs, etc. Now the congregation will have to crawl to the branch begging for scraps to make any RBC "approved" repairs, or other expenditures over and above the bare monthly operating costs.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Now the JW’s in the Spanish community have the idea that we will get 13,000 and 35 NEW buildings with their hard earned money.

Hey, guess what?? Every JW will conclude the same thing....and that is precisely what WT intended.

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The following statement which was NOT in the original letter, was added into the talk - clearly from the Branch to the CoBE:

"PLEASE NOTE, FUNDS RECEIVED FOR THIS PROGRAM WILL FORM PART OF OUR GENERAL FUNDS, RATHER THAN A RESTRICTED FUND."

In other words, we can use your money for ANYTHING, so don't start moaning when you hear that we are using your donations to hire expensive worldly lawyers and paying out million$ to paedophile victims!!! And don't even mention our Hedge Fund investments - we know what we're doing!!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

All I can say is that if jw's buy, "invisible presence", "overlapping generations", and "sooooooon", then spinning that this 'new' donation (wink-wink) arrangement is not "tithing"---welll that will be a walk in the park. And it won't be a stroll.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

n the Spanish version, the translating department omitted the words projects in its entirety

I'm not entirely sure if i see a difference here. If you say that you need a project for a new hall, isn't it logically implied that you need a new hall? I don't think there is an attempt to deceive here, IMO is just poor translation.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"PLEASE NOTE, FUNDS RECEIVED FOR THIS PROGRAM WILL FORM PART OF OUR GENERAL FUNDS, RATHER THAN A RESTRICTED FUND."

It's just like the Phillipines Disaster Fund a few weeks ago, isn't it??

'Please send money to WT for disaster relief...oh, but don't specify the funds are to go for disaster relief, we'll use it how we see fit. Just send the money'.

• suavojr
    suavojr

The reason the word projects is such a big deal to me, is because a smart JW can conclude these are current projects. When you take those words out, it is simply stating they need to add new buildings. I guess that at the of the day, mostly apostates or the conscious class within the rank-and-file are the only ones that notice. The rest will simply clap in excitement for the new arrangement.

Nevertheless watchtower knows how to spin it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit