The Masters of Spin--Local numbers from your Apostate Account Servant

by suavojr 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

All I can say is that if jw's buy, "invisible presence", "overlapping generations", and "sooooooon", then spinning that this 'new' donation (wink-wink) arrangement is not "tithing"---welll that will be a walk in the park. And it won't be a stroll.

And that about sums it up.

Doc

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Please correct me if I'm wrong or missing something, shouldn't only a portion of what's on the slips be considered towards the new monthly resolution to be sent to the society?

The language is very confusing in the letter. The "slip" resolution from the publisher is to account for donations for local expenses and KH construction. However, the COBE then take that amount and divide between local expenses and the new KH resolution. For example if the slips from last night total $326, and the COBE need to account $200 for local expenses they can make a resolution to "donate" $100 of the $326 for the KH construction.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

marking

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Thank for enllightening us.

A bit of heads up, Suavo: Those numbers are specific enough to reveal your real identity as the person managing the accounts of a real congregation. I hope, if you want to continue to maintain your anonymity, that you've made them up.

• Wide Awake!
    Wide Awake!

I agree with the above. You should be able to get away with one report. From here on out be very general with round numbers or add/subract a certain percentage from all numbers. Or something.

Great info though.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"The need for Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls is greater than ever before. At this time, over 13,000 Kingdom Hall projects and 35 Assembly Hall projects are needed worldwide."

"Projects" can mean any old damn thing...

...renovation/refurbishing, the sale of the old and construction of a newer one (that's easier to sell later), construction of an AH to replace four or five KHs...

...you name it.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

yes, the amount a cong already has in the bank will also be automatically "donated" in full first, then the monthly amount will continue after that!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Just wait for some amazing "heartwearming" experience of little Caleb writing on a slip:

"I saved this $.75 for a bag of candy, but I want to donate it to you loving brothers, to 'use however or where ever' you need to. I love Jehovah, so he can have my pocket money"

That will be the subliminal way to ensure that no one ever stipulates where the money is to be used.

• suavojr
    suavojr

fat freet no worries, I have it figured out. The numbers are real but not final, I will not be posting final numbers.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

What will be interesting is when in a few months the elders of a hall contact the GB about needing money for a project, what will the answer be??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit