Do you think it's rude or disrespectful to be in the bathroom for any reason while the brother is praying?

by toto555 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

No. I was often outside or out of the main hall. I had my reasons.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Further, relatives and coworkers are rude and disrespectful for not knowing that "Merry Christmas" is wrong to say or for bringing them a slice of birthday cake after they deliberately missed the singing of that song from Satan.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

If a fart is ok then I would hold it-Amen.

just saying

eyeuse2badub

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Long-winded, self-indulgent prayers are rude. Especially when people have been holding their urine or bowel movements until the end of the meeting. Just wrap it the fuck up already.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Here is a story that applies here:

There was a priest that asked if it was proper to smoke while praying. He was told no it would be disrespectful to god. So a few days later he asked that if he happened to be smoking would it be acceptable to offer a prayer to god. The answer was affirmative. It would be fine if you were smoking and then decided you wanted to give thanks.

In this situation replace the word "poop" with "smoke" and you will get the answer.

So, if you happen to be pooping, or another body function and someone is offering a prayer, I think that would please god.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Prayer is talking to ourselves. So it wont be rude, if you are doing whatever you want, during that insanity.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I had a publisher tell me this recently that she felt that it showed disrespectful to the brother up there giving the prayer, like you're ignoring him or something. What do you think?

Perish the thought that we might ignore someone when they think they are being important. Apes - so funny.

• jws
    jws

When I believed, I felt like during prayer we were sort of on a (one way) conference call with god. And relieving oneself during it felt disrespectful.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Smoking is always disrespectful to God, the creator of our lungs and clean air. Come to think of it, breathing air from the heating and cooling system inside a Kingdom Hall is disrespectful also. Everyone should be outside when the brother on the platform is praying. That's where I will be.

• blondie
    blondie

They pipe the sound into the restrooms so unless you are constantly flushing how can you avoid hearing the prayer? Unless you turn the sound off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit