Do you think it's rude or disrespectful to be in the bathroom for any reason while the brother is praying?

by toto555 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• toto555
    toto555

I had a publisher tell me this recently that she felt that it showed disrespectful to the brother up there giving the prayer, like you're ignoring him or something. What do you think? And if so, any Bible scripture or watchtower or awake backing this idea up specifically?

• designs
    designs

Hold it

• imasheilatoo
    imasheilatoo

If you gotta go, you gotta go. The alternative is worse.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I think it's weird when someone prays while I'm in the bathroom. Seriously, THAT'S rude!

• piztjw
    piztjw

No.

It isn't nearly as rude as shitting ones pants in the auditorium during the prayer. But it is kind of funny to carry a little Asafoetida in a bag, and then during the prayer give a little toss under Sister Myshitdon'tstink's chair.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

JW's find it rude or disrespectful to do anything.

It was rude of you not to teach your children to be absolutely silent and still for two hours.
    It is further rude not to take them out of the main auditorium at any time INCLUDING THE PRAYER when they cannot be silent and still.

It is rude for married people to hold hands during the song and prayer.

It is rude for DF'ed people not to sit in the last row and rude if they do not sit silently out of the way after the meeting if not just leave so that others don't have to be subjected to them.

It is disrespectful to miss meetings even if you are sick, but it is rude to be there when you are contagious.

It is disrespectful to Jehovah and the elders to neglect to turn your time in promptly without having to be hunted down.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

OTWO is right . JW's are the most easily offended people in the world. No matter what you decide to do someone will think it rude or disrespectful, or someone will be offended. I guess if you are a true believer and can hold it then refrain from being in the bathroom for prayers. Otherwise, just do what you think is right.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

oubliette, that just made me lol at work.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

No it is not disrespectful, just make sure you don't let out a loud fart durring the part where you are supposed to say 'amen' this might cause Jehovah to not answer the congrgation payer as he gets real offended at this type of sounds durring the amen part. Also if one has a problem with flatulence it might even be advisable as festering waste product accumulate in the colon seems to be the major contributing facter, surely kindness to all those in attendance and to give a good witness to any new ones in attendance should be foremost, thus Jehovah is very understanding when it comes to these sort of things and we don't want to be like the Pharasees who only washed the outside of the cup while the inside was full of(let the reader use his imagination).

But other that that, just look at it as you are, 'taking a dump for Jehovah, the angels, and his Son' and that should sooth your offended conscience or if that don't work you could always look at it as your'e doing it to keep the congregation clean, and without spots from the world and unblemished, this might give you the proper the sanctimonious motive you need to take the necessary hygienic measures and feel Jehovah's smile of approval on your works.

Also a a JW representing Jehovah and his earthly Organization you don't want to give any worldy person a justified claim to the accusation that the Witnesses are full of shit, by making sure before one engages in holy field service the pipes are clean and don't forget to hide it in the ground(bury it) because it is biblical (see Deut 23:12-13)

"You shall also have a place outside the camp and go out there, and you shall have a spade among your tools, and it shall be that when you sit down outside, you shall dig with it and shall turn to cover up your excrement."—Deuteronomy 23:12-13 NAS.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Maybe you should go outside Kingdom Hall grounds, into a 'worldly' person's yard with a shovel, dig a hole and go there.

What a way to make modern application of the Mosaic Law!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit