Discussions with family about the new Kingdom Hall Assistance Fund

by the truth is mine 49 Replies latest members private

• NotNew
    NotNew

If you pledge something to the GB-Jehovah then you are liable to give it. In the mind of a devout witness if you fail to pay it may cause spiritual mental problems...if you are unable or need the money pledged to go for living expense.

Reminds me of Ananias and Sapphira who withheld money from a sale...and payed with their lives for keeping some of it!

So if you pledge - tithe a certain amount...you better live up to it or die!

SW

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Interesting. I'm trying to figure out how to bring up this subject with my parents.

Jesus told his disciples to not be anxious about material things. The birds and flowers don't, so neither should a Christian. He also said to store up treasures in heaven, not on earth. And the guy that made big plans to build new storehouses for all his stuff? He died that night. JWs are always told to "rely on Jehovah and he will provide everything in abundance!"

Why is the GB not taking any of this to heart? Rather than relying on Jehovah, they are relying on pledges from the publishers. Where is their faith in Jah? Rather than being content with the arrangement that Jehovah seems to have been blessing, they are selling their old storehouses and building smaller, fewer, and cheaper ones. Where is the money going? And since they've made so much money from the selling of property, why is WT so anxious about getting committments for even more money to come in from the congregations?

Get ready for WT to begin emptying the private bank accounts of every JW.

• piztjw
    piztjw

This family also reacted to the news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eYSpIz2FjU

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jesus told his disciples to not be anxious about material things. The birds and flowers don't, so neither should a Christian. He also said to store up treasures in heaven, not on earth. And the guy that made big plans to build new storehouses for all his stuff? He died that night. JWs are always told to "rely on Jehovah and he will provide everything in abundance!"

Good points , Billy the Ex , lets know what you come up with as regards your parents.

and stuckinarut2 ...

One quote from bro Russells first WT said something about "we will never beg nor petition for money...but when the god of heaven stops supplying , then we will stop" or something like that....

When Jehovah stops providing we will know when to quit , or something along those lines .

smiddy

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

As the W.T has announced its new donation arrangement to help build Kingdom Halls, i would like to annonce my new donation arrangement of a " A BRICK"

Yes i remember Oh how proud everybody was when the " Quick Build" went up in 48 hours, and what a witness it gave to the community. How now can a witness be proud of the new donation arrangement? It should be another brick knocked down in there faith of the organisation.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Typical. It's all about money again isn't it!?!? Where the Governing (paedophile protecting) Body are concerned always follow the money.

BillyTXB makes a very good point. One rule for the R&F and another for the most holy GB.

With the correct spin the JWs will see it as another way they can show loyalty to the trademark invented god 'Jehovah(tm)'.

Let's hope it wakes some more up though. It seems the GB are dropping clangers as they go and waking more up in their wake.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Let's review: It's a cult!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I know of one congregation who got the letter read out last night - INCLUDING important portions of the P.S. which were not supposed to be read out!

Looks like that BOE had a conscience and felt they couldn't conceal certain corruptions in the new arrangement to their cong.

Respect to them for doing so!

• Stirred
    Stirred

I attended different congregation last night where the local needs part covered this issue.

This hall still has a mortgage. The first thing they announced was that the WT has closed or "retired" the loan along with all kh constructions project loans worldwide due to voluntary contributions received. This was pumped up quite a bit. What bank/co will do this for your mortgage?

Next...."if we have to solicit or ask for money, then we would know that Jah has discontinued the work.....remember that statement about 125 years ago?"

Then..."25 years ago we stopped charging for literature and we are still prospering today. Ps. 127:1. If Jah isn't behind this organization, then it cannot stand."

1 Chron 29:11

Per the 1983 (9/83) letter, kh building box started. Now it has been adjusted and in order to meet these growing global building projects, and adjustment has been further made to how they would be built. We need to pool our resources worldwide. Al congregations have the opportunity to support construction projects worldwide now by the congregations offering MONTHLY contributions from KH funds. No more loans. No more need to save for remodels (only for minor repairs). We thank you for your generous support of kingdom interests.

There is a need for a great equalizing since brothers in poorer countries can use support for the building projects in their countries.

2 Cor 8:12-14

(Rather than a survey, the elders decided for the congregation that they would leave things as they were and offer a resolution). The resolution read from the platform to pay the same amount they had been for the mortgage for this purpose. The box for local KH support would now go towards local bills and the monthly donation. Excess beyond the resolution would also be sent. They went over the money very quickly and I could not understand it.

I am considering whether to come to my congregation later in the week for this part. I believe my hall has no mortgage. If they read a resolution, I don't know if I have the courage to be the lone hand that says I disagree to voting when I don't understand the numbers and the bottomline.

I'd like to see the letter. I look forward to reading how other halls handled this announcement. My family is not reacting so far.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Interesting, THE SEARCHER.

Quite the opposite in a local cong. ready to build a new hall any month now:

The elder was practically giddy when he read the part of the letter about not repaying any loans - as if this new Kingdom Hall was going to be pay-as-you-wish. In fact, he went back and reread that sentence for emphasis. Totally misleading.

I suppose when you go around carrying so much cognitive dissonance about generations and centuries of invisible kingdom rule, acting like the cong. is getting a freebie while knowing they'll actually end up paying more is not a problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit