Discussions with family about the new Kingdom Hall Assistance Fund

by the truth is mine 49 Replies latest members private

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

There is something here that i truly don't understand. Is the US the only country where local congregations pay for their own halls by borrowing money whether from the Org or a bank?

If everybody is donating to this KH fund, the sensible thing to do is for the Org to pay for any new halls and not rely on the local congos to pay for them. Isn't that the purpose of a fund? But what we see happening is that local congregations still pay for any new halls anyway. Or is this only in developed countries.

If a congregation in Kenya for example needs a new hall, does the Org pay for it? Or does the Org lend money to the local congregation which in turn needs to pay it back?

I'm failing to understand how anybody benefits from this fund.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

REDVIP2000 - Here is the truth; Every single cent donated to the Org by people all over the world to KH Building work was money obtained by deception, because the donations were not GIVEN to needy congregations for a new KH, the donated money was LOANED to them, by a money-lender known as the WTBTS.

In other words, the donor Witnesses' surplus did NOT offset their poorer brothers' deficiency, because 'Mother' wanted all the filthy lucre for her greedy, pernicious, self!!!

With the new system, any 3rd world congregation will have their C.O. examine their potential monthly income before they would be considered for a new KH - IT'S A MULTI-NATIONAL CORPORATION; money is it's drug and focus - nothing else!!

"Keep on Seeking First the Dollar.........".

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Every single cent donated to the Org by people all over the world to KH Building work was money obtained by deception, because the donations were not GIVEN to needy congregations for a new KH, the donated money was LOANED to them, by a money-lender known as the WTBTS.

Yes if you look at the big picture, that is what is happening. If we make an analogy, it's almost if i give money to my bank, so that the bank can then lend it to me. I then pay back my back with interest.

Even just taking a step back and thinking of this as an entire process, any JW should be able to see that even banks are not as greedy. And that is saying something.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I'm failing to understand how anybody benefits from this fund.

Sadly, a point 99.9% of Jehovah's Witnesses will never think about. They are too busy 'giving to Jehovah', the always-broke God of the Universe.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I have a question. Are we still paying for the whole "International Convention/delegate" thingy??? Wasn't there a whole scam about paying so much per publisher to get the delegates home?? Has that even ran it's course? Or did it not pan out, prompting this latest scam? OR..did it work so well, that they invented this new scam??

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Can someone write a definition for "dummies" like me? Like the Samurai of old, I detest dealing with money, I delegate that to the wife. Sadly, that means that these things give me a migrane.

I plan on commenting at the meeting [ something I never do], during the bible highlights. I believer SEARCHER pointed out some interesting things about "donations" to Jeehoober in Deuteronomy. I am going to give an over 30 second Bible highlight about how the Oganization NEVER has and NEVER will solicit funds. That's one MAJOR thing that separates us from "FALSE RELIGION."

Heads will bob in enthusiastic agreement as I quote past Watchtower articles!! The Eldub handling the Highlights will KNOW what's coming up later that night! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! HHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA!!!! I will make it so heartfelt and memorable, that every single JW will be bitch-slapped with cognitive dissonance when the letter is read! GLORIOUS!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

DD

• tornapart
    tornapart

@DD .. unless of course like at our KH, it hasn't even been read yet. They forgot it.. in fact they haven't even read it themselves yet. Hubby is disgruntled at the GB loading them with so much work to do....

He said if he feels like this then many more will be feeling like this too. It's getting interesting!

• Splash
    Splash

Hi DD.

Not sure if this is what you're after, but here's a rundown of the changes.

1. The KHCW (SKHF) is being wound up, so no box at the hall any more

2. All Khall bank savings are to be donated to the Soc Worldwide Work fund, except a little bit for running costs

3. Any funds currently 'on deposit' with the Soc are to be donated to WWW

4. Cong's will set up a new direct debit to the WWW fund, either basis their current loan repayments to the Soc, or if they have no loan then basis an anonymous survey that the elders will do among the publishers.

5. There will still be a WWW contribution box at the hall as well as the monthly commitment.

The benefits will be sold as:

1. You don't need to save up for new halls or refurbs, just ask the RBC

2. Any existing loans are written off (although see 4. above to see that actually, the payments will continue as before except now they are without end)

Hope this helps,

Splash

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yes SPLASH, that does help.

I am just playing WT advocate here, but how do we KNOW that the payments will never end? Isn't the yearly review in place for precisely that reason? Are the GB REALLY going to expect a KH that owes $20,000, to pay their monthly payment indefinitely?!?! It's a great scam if that's what the GB is planning, but is that really what's going to happen? Wouldn't each KH calculate when, the now non-existent loan, would have been paid and then immediately reduce the Congo's payment at the yearly meeting? If so, what is the WTBTS gaining??

I would love to wake up the wifey, but I simply cannot afford to seem like an ill-informed whistle-blower/apostate.

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What is the Bible reading this week?? Wow!! I really don't know! That's awesome!

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit